Dealer Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D...

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #11  
Let me ask you this: what if the tractor you were going to look at was just a plain old BX25 and you knew that. But after you bought it, you discovered it was a BX25d. Would you drive back to the dealer and offer to pay more??

At first I thought, yeah that'll never happen! On second thought, (**edited** after reading polarred below)

Even though nobody would do that, people have expectations to be treated with higher regard when buying from a reputable dealer. Thats how dealers become reputable, by tipping the "terms" of the deal a little bit in favor of the customer, albeit in exchange for the higher price. Example of "terms" offered might be a satisfaction guarantee. Customers usually pay 10-15% more from the dealer than buying from a private party, and they "hope" to get some some safety net. Its worth asking, I guess.

I think it's a worthy question to assess the dollar value of these features, and ask can they be had for the price and trouble of driving back to the dealer, and negotiating respectfully. If not, then forget it and enjoy the new tractor, a BX25 is not a bad thing.

Last edited:
   / Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #12  
First of all, sounds like you got a good deal on your BX25 $$$ wise. Not enough changes to the "D" to make it worth your trouble most likely.

I might suggest seeking some type of restitution but it's not worth it considering the drive.

I was just at the Kubota dealer last week and the "D" model has a few more things added as described above.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #13  
Going to a green lot to buy an Orange tractor should have let you know that you are the person that has to know more about the orange product than the green salesman. You went to a foreign land unprepared. I really doubt sales people on green lots know much about the fine details of orange tractors nor would an orange salesman know much about green tractors except for the propaganda that the company would send to their dealers pointing out the differences where they say their machine that year are better than the features of the other color tractor. You feel betrayed and a call to the selling dealer owner may let you vent and he/she may offer you some token solution to help you feel better. As you can see here, Kubota lovers and owners have some confusion about the BX25/BX25D difference.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #14  
I always thought used equipment was "as is". If you did not know the difference why do you expect the dealer of a competitors line to know?? Sounds like you should have done more homework then looking at the price tag. IMHO.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #15  
I can understand the op's frustation (a bit of it, anyway). The question should be (for the op), would you trade the tractor back for your money back if you could?

If the answer is "no", then go forth and be happy with your great little tractor. Personally, it sounds like you got a heck of a deal on a tractor that is almost new and will serve you well for years to come.

Cheers.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #16  
Let me get this straight..

Ther SERIAL number reads "D"

and the owner's hand book reads "D"

I'ld assum you got a "D" model.

What's the question?

That you bought a used tractor and wanted a new one?

Man up!

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #17  
I bought a used Chevy Suburban at a Ford dealer before. They didn't know much about it and had the motor advertised wrong (they listed it as a gasoline small block when it was in fact a 6.5L TD). I used their lack of knowledge on the vehicle to my advantage and pointed out all sorts of repair issues that needed addressed in the near future and drove away with a nice vehicle for about half of their advertised price.

Unfortunately, I think you are going to be SOL unless the JD dealer really wishes to make it right with you. But why would he? You won't be going to the JD dealer to buy Kubota parts or fluids to service your new tractor so it is almost completely unlikely that the dealer would ever benefit from it. To the best of his knowledge, I think he sold you a BX25D based on the service manual, serial number, and fact that apparently all BX25's are BX25D's with a few of the updated changes not yet made. You still have a great tractor for the money. I'd chock this up to a life lesson (let the buyer beware) and move on.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #18  
Let me get this straight..

Ther SERIAL number reads "D"

and the owner's hand book reads "D"

I'ld assum you got a "D" model.

What's the question?

That you bought a used tractor and wanted a new one?

Man up!

It's a Kubota owners thing which you probably don't understand or obviously don't.:)

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #19  
You got a good deal on the tractor.

As Bxpanded explained, all 25's are D's. Theyve just played up the lettering on the new version.

Apart from a few superficial things, like the seat and tach, it is the exact same tractor as you have. Do you think a seat and tach is worth $5k? Not likely at least to me. The little things that really annoy, like the floppy seat swivel locks and the crappy fuel system are still there. The front QA should be compatible but most dealers wont say it is because Kubota only recommends the QA on the LA240a. Comparing the 2 loaders there is next to no discernible difference. Rumor is that there is a slightly thicker crossmember on the "a" but Id have no worries using the QA on a regular LA240.

Dont sweat it and enjoy your tractor. There likely wont be any functional improvements until the next model with a new model number.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #20  
My understanding there is a five business day return policy on any sale (in PA I've heard), of course it must be returned in the same condition. You'll always have some doubt, take it back or at least try, asking for advise here won't satisfy you years from now.