Tractor Sizing L5740 HST equivalent

/ L5740 HST equivalent #21  
That tractor is in very nice shape. Seems so many of them are abused and not kept up, nice to see one that is worked and in nice shape.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #22  
Even has the requisite cow manure between the rear treads. Or maybe that is mud. Either way, proves the old girl is working for her keep. Nice.

Speaking of that I sure got my tires loaded with the fresh stuff today. I had to work in the field the herd just moved out of yesterday. Oh well.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #23  
Ya, interested as well. I'm thinking about upgrading my economy L3200 to a premium cabed model in the next year or 2. Looked at some other colors a bit, but the time or 2 I stopped at my Kubota dealer they didn't have any L3x60 machines assembled. Need to compare a 60 & old 40 at some point. Probably sticking with Kubota just for HST+, nobody else has anything close.

I agree, I really like the HST+ along with the infinite cruise instead of electronic button. Again, this is why elected to get a used 40 over a new 60. And my last two tractors were new.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #24  
I absolutely hate the vulnerability of the hydraulic loader hose and third function connections. why they took the lines outside instead of inside is a real mystery. Several months ago I was at our local iron works place getting some steel channel, and there inside was a brand new L6060, whatever the number was, and the guys were fabricating a custom protective cage for the exposed hoses. Apparently one customer wouldn't buy the tractor without it and my Kubota dealer sent the brand new not yet delivered tractor for mods. Geez Kubota, what were you thinking? What other benefit was provided that made exposing lines like this worthwhile? Honestly, I don't get it. I have all the optional hydraulics on mine, front and rear, and they are all protected. Hard to believe Tier 4 caused moving the hydraulic lines unless some oversized muffler now resides there.

Another great point that I don't understand. Being in the woods as much as I am, being outside they would for sure get damaged.

I to have 3 rears and the front third function. All is well within the arms and protected as oppose to sticking out waiting to get hit.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #25  
Yep. Me too. Saves a lot of money when you avoid impulse buying. Newer tractors don't get a whole lot more done except when it comes to draining the bank account.

I am typically a buy and keep guy myself. A few things though is since I wasn't around in the 50' 60' or 70's to buy a tractor, I am in the newer market I guess. No impulse on my end but if I need bigger tractor or something better, then it's time to get it if I can justify and afford.

For instance, with all I do, a cab seems to be the way to go. I've been stung by two many bees, sweat my hiney off, covered in crap and rained on or froze. Comfort of a cab keeps me working more efficient and safe from elements. Not knocking a older tractor by Amy means. I may still pick up a smaller older open station for odds and ends. However for what I do, modern cab and hydro is best for my situation.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #26  
I've been waiting to have time to do this myself! Very functional and looks cool. Hopefully it will be a good winter project this year in the barn (if it get built as scheduled).