Buying Advice L4060 or L4760 - doing it!

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
I have had a TC45DA for a about 8 years now... and have reached a point in life where I'm sick and tired of going backwards in the snow... it's no fun. I looked at used Deere w/ a cab on CL - and the cab sold me - luxury is where I'm at in life now :) Except the Deer was overpriced and underpowered... So I made the stupid decision to stop at a Kubota dealer locally and sit in (and drive around) an L60... oops.

Kubota dealer has given me some decent pricing and a stupid great trade in value for my TC45DA. Plus Kubota is offering silly 0% free money for like 84 months... which - factor in inflation on today dollar over 7 years - and - it's pretty much a no brainer purchase knowing I'll be blowing out the driveway in this house for the next 15 years, minimum...

I know - always buy the biggest tractor you need then go bigger... I'm pretty sure the L4060 is enough tractor for what I do now - 6' rotary cutter on stuff that's been beat back - so not sapling duty anymore - mostly grass and some scrub... loader work moving mulch, soil, round bales, etc... and - the new duty will be - finally - a front mount blower (not the back up one on my TC) - 74" for some big drifts we get in these parts when it snows (some have been over 8' in front of the barn).

I save $5200 with the L4060 vs the L4760... but I gain a bigger loader (which I don't really need) and 7 more HP which will never hurt me...

Both need to come from the factory the way I want them (Ag tires) - few weeks wait I guess...

Since this forum is about opinions - I'm asking - and go!

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #2  
What would you rather have, +7HP and the bigger loader or $5200 ??? That's how I'd decide. If I had a good use for the $5200, perhaps on implements that would enhance the use of the tractor more than 7HP and the bigger loader, I'd be leaning towards the 4060.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #3  
You mentioned round bales and brushhogging.

I'd be liking the added power and stronger loader.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #4  
I had a friend contemplating the same two tractors;I advised him to go bigger and would do the same to you;the L4760.It will handle six ft. implements with ease;and the larger loader is well worth it.
His difference was $8,000 but open station(L4060) to a cabbed L4760.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #5  
L4760...
More HP...
Better loader...
I've never heard anyone on here complaining about their loader being too strong...

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #6  
id opt for the stronger loader...

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #7  
It doesn’t sound like you really need (or foresee the need) for a stronger loader. As for mowing, it sounds like that is under control and doesn’t necessitate the added hp.

The snow. That is not under your control. A snowblower simply does more work quicker and better with more hp. It will only take you one big storm and numerous snow drifts to regret going with less hp.

The first (and second, third etc) time your snowblower bigs down, you will wish for more power.

If your thinking of owning this for 15 years, I think it’s a no brainer to go with more power.

However, if that 5200 extra is a financial burden, or taking away from food on the table or a kids college fund, then of course the lesser hp model is the way to go.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it!
Thanks for the enablement in this thread :)

I'm pretty sure (since they are physically the same size) - I'm going 4760... never have I thought - "this is too easy - I need less power"...

But you would think for the price of these things they would come with a **** tool box!?!?!

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #9  
It sounds like you understand things. More HP, the choice to spec the bigger loader (should be able to spec the mid size one as well) & an extra $5k or so out of your pocket.

I went with a L4060hstc. I wish I had the extra HP when mowing a bit & when roading, but not $5k of regret. I'm content with the L4060.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it!
I hear ya but 5k at 0% over 84 months is peanuts for how long I値l own this thing.
But good input - you like your grand L60?