Buying Advice L4060 or L4760 - doing it!

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it!
Thanks all on the well wishes on my choice!

Ended up being "Much ado about nothing" - the same incentives are available in the new year... :)

Yes - the defrost kit does include the HD alternator in the price - and while I could add it on myself and save a little - it's just way simpler to get things delivered the way I want them and then if there's a warranty issue - it's not my fault :) With all the computers on board tractors now - I'd rather have them do the flash needed to make lights not be lit... I took my 2012 Mustang last spring and (in addition to the super charger) added a instrument panel cluster and select-a-shift from a 2013 to it... I needed a Chinese knockoff of a Ford computer tool to hack the PCM and ABS to accept the new IPC and work correctly (and rewired part of the PCM harness and other questionable things)... So I'm not opposed to do that kind of stuff... but - that's also a "play thing" and if I fry something - it goes in the barn on the lift and I worry later... this tractor is sorta mandatory operating with minimal downtime (especially during snow season)... so - I have always been fine leaving the "add on components" to the dealers and I manage the fluids and filters :)

I'm debating the block heater... mostly because it's so **** cold right now... and I'm not worried about the engine so much as I love the notion of putting it on a remote WiFi switch - tapping an icon on my iPhone... and having cab heat almost as soon as I start it up to do the driveway a few hours later... Might see what that adds to the build.

I'm also debating the rear work lights has me adding them on after... seems like - again - for the $130 MSRP - the hassle of finding a rocker switch (thanks for the links in PM's) - installing things with different pins on the plugs, etc... it might be simpler to have them come from the factory and then later decide if I want to replace with brighter or not.
Then I figure if I do rear work lights - maybe I should also add a rear wiper...

It's so **** easy to spend more and more and more on these - and even easier when you keep telling yourself - "this tractor will be with me for the next 15-20 years" - ugh... #firstworldproblems

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #32  
The block heater is not listed through wholegoods (sales department) and is procured through parts. From Messick's it is part number 70000-00297 at a cost of $66.48.

I might be mistaken but I believe it's a bit of a pain to install on the larger engines as one of the pumps has to be removed. It has to go in a specific freeze plug due to coolant volume concerns.

A very good source of rocker switches with many styles, lighting options, graphics and related accessories is: OTRATTW

I've personally used them and was very satisfied with pricing, delivery and available options.

If you plan on using the FEL a great deal you may want to consider the bolt on wear bar. I was surprised by its heft and it is reversible.

Good luck with the purchase!!!

I decided to have the dealer add the rear work lights, the rear wiper and a block heater... that was all pretty cheap - like $300 for all installed...

I also decided against the hydro toplink... its was basically $1700... and people here complain about the routing of the hoses to the rear, the thing leaking, the thing leaking down, etc...

Given that I don't do any blade work - and won't be blowing in reverse wit htis setup - a manual toplink and $1700 in my pocket seems like a fair compromise... Yes - I may have to get in and out a few more times when I hook up the tiller or the rotary cutter... but it was in a nice to have column to start with and I just can't justify it for the issues and complaints.

I figure if later on I decide I "must have" the rear remote... then I could order the kit and install myself, routing things differently per the smarter folks in the forums...

I also decided to stick with the mid-grade square back bucket - it's basically the same one I have on my TC45 that's going away and I have moved over 1000 tons of crusher run with it over the years (and unmeasurable other materials / soil) - and it looks and wears fine. Dealer said that the replaceable lip/bar version is best for folks that scrape their loader on concrete / asphalt... and that's not me. So - from that savings I might get myself a QA set of pallet forks to replace the bolt on bucket version I have... Given the 4760's loader - seems like I can lift a hellava lot more!

Thanks all for the input... now starts the REAL waiting game... nothing left to figure out... just wait... while it snows... and I have to go backwards in the elements... for a while longer. UGH!

Good news - tractor and loader are ready for delivery
Bad news - front blower production times are was behind at the factory...

So tomorrow I’m talking with the dealer and seeing what we can do. They already offered to send the tractor and loader to me as a loaner until the blower comes in.

If I can do my trade and keep my rear blower I think I’ll do that - the part I’m not fond of is when the blower comes in - the tractor has to go back for the subframe install - and I can’t be without in the winter.

Anyhow - excited!

I get my new Grand L 60 on Wednesday!

Big thank you to folks here who answered questions and provided feedback.

I went with the L4760 for a few reasons - top of the list was folks pointing out that from the 47 up you get the better loader. It is replacing a 2004 NH TC45DA w/o a cab - so I figured about the same HP would yield about the same capabilities (even with the A/C on inside the L's cab).

After reading people's posts I got the defogger packages, rear lights, block heater and rear wiper added in... Tires are R1's and loaded with beet juice - because it's a tractor.
No rear remotes needed at this point (I have lived my life without them) - and should I decide to add them - I can DIY them for a lot less than the dealer $1700 hydro top link I was priced!

The package also "includes" a big front mount blower - but they are way behind at the factory until maybe as far out as April - so - I'll be waiting on that and instead keeping my big rear blower that's on the TC45 until Kubota ships the front unit.

When I get it - I'll post pics and an impressions thread under Ownership :)

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #36  
I get my new Grand L 60 on Wednesday!

Big thank you to folks here who answered questions and provided feedback.

I went with the L4760 for a few reasons - top of the list was folks pointing out that from the 47 up you get the better loader. It is replacing a 2004 NH TC45DA w/o a cab - so I figured about the same HP would yield about the same capabilities (even with the A/C on inside the L's cab).

After reading people's posts I got the defogger packages, rear lights, block heater and rear wiper added in... Tires are R1's and loaded with beet juice - because it's a tractor.
No rear remotes needed at this point (I have lived my life without them) - and should I decide to add them - I can DIY them for a lot less than the dealer $1700 hydro top link I was priced!

The package also "includes" a big front mount blower - but they are way behind at the factory until maybe as far out as April - so - I'll be waiting on that and instead keeping my big rear blower that's on the TC45 until Kubota ships the front unit.

When I get it - I'll post pics and an impressions thread under Ownership :)

Seems like a nicely configured machine. Good luck to you with it. Well done.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #37  
Congratulations, sounds like a very nice tractor.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #38  
Congratulations! Pictures when you get it PLEASE. :thumbsup:

How I wanted to be on the phone call I just had...
deliver.jpg