Price Check 3830 pricing

/ 3830 pricing #1  

duramax1

have been looking at a 3830 DT with 723 loader my best price so far has been $18,100.00. Does anyone have a feel for how this pricing stacks up? My concern is that at the end of the month with intrest rates going up and steel price going up also

/ 3830 pricing #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My concern is that at the end of the month with intrest rates going up and steel price going up also )</font>

Can't help you with regard to the 3830, but I'm in the oil business and can tell you two things for sure: 1) the price of steel is going up - our cost of oil field steel (drill pipe, casing, etc.) has already gone up 30% this year. This is at least partly blamed on the Chinese, who are buying all the steel they can to feed their growing industry and economy. Silver lining - maybe they're using some to build new tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2) Interest rates WILL go up, if the price of crude oil remains this high. At this point it is much more likely to go up some more than down, in my opinion. High crude prices = inflation in this country, as everything we buy and do depends on energy and we are addicted to cheap crude oil.

Not trying to be an alarmist, but these two things are coming IMO, so you'd be wise to make a big ticket financed purchase right now as opposed to next year, if you can afford it. Especially if it is something fuel-efficient and that will make you more self-sufficient, like say a tractor...

Putting my money where my mouth is, I just pulled the trigger on a new tractor. 0% financing is pretty hard to beat.

Good luck with your decision - hope someone else can help you with the deal figures.

Pete

/ 3830 pricing #3  
That price is typical. I think your going to find that the prices on these new Kubotas with a few exceptions are pretty similar throughout the country. My L3830 HST was about 24K after taxes, TnT, HD bucket, folding ROPs, R4's, spark arrestor etc.

/ 3830 pricing #4  
Yesterday, I received a quote of $19,400 for precisely the same equipment. The salesperson has been helpful and the dealership looks capable, but I am not convinced that the prices he has offered me are the best (or near the best) that I can do. If I get quotes from other dealers for the L3830 soon, I will try to post again to this thread.

/ 3830 pricing
Riddler, the pricing I have is on a L3830 dt with R4 Ind tires and a 723 loader with heavy duty bucket. Based on list pricing I'm seeing around 22% off that. I am still trying to determine if I want to go with HST. I have been quoted around $19,300.00 on this unit.

/ 3830 pricing #6  
If that's true, then you are getting the L3830 HST without loader and TnT, etc. for under $14K and that still has not deducted for taxes on those implements. Thats a pretty good price. I priced the loader at $3500 and the TnT at $1500. R4's add a couple hundred, ROPS a few dollars.

/ 3830 pricing #7  
DM1, my $19.4K quote was also for the L3830DT with 723 FEL. To make matters a little worse, the quote is for a "harvest rental," which is ued by grape growers for several weeks to tow harvest bins, and then is sold by the dealer/lessor with the same warranty and financing as the brand new machines.

The MSRP for the 3830DT is $17,954. The 723 FEL without SCV and bucket is $3,307. The SCV and standard 72" square back bucket combined are $1,193. If my math is correct, all of this comes to $22,454. From the posts I've read, 15% off list prices is pretty darn good, so I have been hoping to get a quote for a new machine much closer to your quote of $18.1K. For a slightly used machine, even one with a new warranty and Kubota financing, I was hoping for an even deeper discount. That's why I will continue to shop other dealers, as well as the comparable green and blue offerings.

/ 3830 pricing
My pricing did not include tnt. The only options which I have added are the R4 industrial tires which is order code of ALR8869 for the front and ALR8829 for the rear, LA723 loader, L2213Ajoystick control and L2273 heavy duty bucket. I have also been looking into the NH TC40a and the TC40DA. The a model TC40A pricing is $18,500.00 with ind tires and 16la loader and the deluce three point system, $20,200.00 on the da verson, relizing the da being hydro version.

The NH TC40A just doesn't have as a nice of a cab set up as the DA. With the Kubota you get the same not matter which series your looking at.

/ 3830 pricing #9  
My (less attractive) quote doesn't include tnt either. The joystick (i.e., SCV) and bucket I was quoted were the same as yours. My quote doesn't even include the upgrade to R4s.

Even allowing $1,500 for the hydro, it doesn't sound like your TC40DA quote is anywhere near as attractive as your L3830DT quote. I seem to be encountering a bit of the opposite. My local NH dealer quoted me $18.5K for the TC33DA with 14LA FEL. I doubt if my local Kubota dealer would give me a similar quote for a L3130HST with 723 loader.

You mention the cockpit of the NH, but you don't comment on the sloped hood or curved loader. Have you tested the visibility of the NH v. the Kubota? I did a quick test drive of the NH a while back, but now that I have actually tested the Kubota's loader at my property, I am anxious to revisit the NH's improved visibility.

/ 3830 pricing #10  
Try my local dealer or Georges Tractors in Redding. I think the L3130 HST will easily be in that ballpark. Leave out TnT for now as there are options besides factory. My local dealer(s) are Gold Country Kubota and Shingle Springs.

The L3830 GST or DT are a very good alternative and work very well.