Price Check 3830 pricing

/ 3830 pricing
First of all let me get my disclaimer out here. By no means by what I am saying is that one is better than the other. I am tossed between the 2 and like youself I am out here trying to gain some insight. The retail differance that I am seeing between the L3130 DT and the 3830 DT is $2,500.00. I have shopped a lot of dealer's on this side of the world and seeing a total package discount on the Kubota's around 22%.

I do like the visibilty from the NH. The one thing right now I'm trying to get my hands around is the plastic body parts. Also Kubota builds their complete tractor where as NH uses various components. The TC40 is a 4 cylinder, for me thats a plus. The deals are out there. I have seen a wide variation in pricing.

/ 3830 pricing #12  
"The TC40 is a 4 cylinder, for me thats a plus"

Why? Just curious if it's just a gut feeling or one obtained by trying the two. As one who owned a 5 cylinder, a 4 cylinder and currently two 3 cylinders, I would whole heartedly disagree.

/ 3830 pricing
I have been on both tractors along with discussions with other posters on this subject. By no means am I an expert. I just fill the NH when I was trying them out seem to be little bit more torquie, if there is such a thing. I have not been able to actually verify this, non of the information that I have shows the torque on these machines. The dealer had them side by side when i was looking. Also the NH seem to run smoother. The NH is a 121.7 cid and the kubota is a 111.4 cid. The NH is rated a little over 1 hp net more than Kubota in the 3830.

/ 3830 pricing #14  
where in nc are you? i am in elizabethton tn. i got my L3830 from monti at corriher in lenior nc back in march. gave 16250 for hydro and r4 tires no loader. their phone number is 828-758-5506. if your close to me come on over and mow my yard (about 6 acres) and try it out.

/ 3830 pricing
I'm in central Carolina's, My place that I keep my tractor is in Asheville. As a matter of fact I spoke with Monty this morning. i appreciate the info on them. I just couldn't talk them down to my current pricing. They about $700.00 higher. I am still thinking of the hst. i have some real steep areas and has been recommended by a couple of people to stay with a gear drive. Any comments on this would be appreciated.

/ 3830 pricing #16  
I also got to view both tractors side by side at my local NH/Kubota dealer. While the engines were close, I felt the Kubota was slightly smoother. The L3830 has about 90 ft lbs of torque. The difference of the HST was perhaps the most noticeable difference in favor of Kubota.

The 3 cylinder has 3 rods all at 120 degrees from each other. The four cylinder is 180, two up two down. In all practical terms, the 3 cylinder should be inherently more balanced then the four.

Both were wonderful tractors lest you think I was picking on NH. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ 3830 pricing
No problem at all. That is good information. I am leaning toward the Kubota myself. I just have to determine which transmission i want to go with and is the extra cost going to benifit me for the work that I will be doing. The tractor I have now is a 2002 model picked up in Feburary and I only have 127 hours on it. So my usage to date has been low.

/ 3830 pricing #18  
AS much as some of us tout the HST, any of the transmissions available really are very good. The specific advantages are glorified by each of us but in the end, you are really going to end up with a fantastic setup, that much I can guarantee you.

/ 3830 pricing #19  
I bought mine in Charleston WV at State Equipment. L3830 Hst, R4s, $15750. LA723 loader and Hd bucket $4100, 509 Bradco Backhoe 16 inch bucket $6000. This was last May 03 however.

/ 3830 pricing #20  
RaT, thanks for the leads. Indeed, I am in the process of casting a wider net in search of some more competitive quotes. Being in Sonoma County, however, the drive to Redding or the Gold Country presents a bit of a complication. If I go that far to purchase, and am not lucky enough to buy a unit that ends up needing no post-sale attention, am I looking at some serious headaches? At the moment, I don't have a trailer or suitable tow vehicle for a 3,500 lb machine. I suppose I can (and should) take care of that before I make this purchase, but I was hoping I could delay that a bit. Is it unheard of to ask a dealer located a few hours away to agree to transport a newly purchased tractor back and forth if it ends up needing any warranty work? How much will I be embarassing myself by asking this question??!!