L4610 Vs. 4700

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #1  

PLOWER

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4710 JD Lt133 JD 345
I have decided to go compact instead of utility. But now I'm stuck between brands, and I have a few questions. Between the 4610 and the 4700 which is the more heavy duty one/bigger tractor? Which is most stable on uneven ground and hills? Is the Kubota loader as simple as a John Deere loader to take off? So I would like your opinion on each model. Thanks,
Cliff

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #2  
Cliff, for the most part, the 4700 has higher specs then the 4610. If your interested in HST, then you owe it to yourself to drive the 2 models and drive them well. My feeling was the Kubota was best. Its a tough one to argue. The diesels are both very good. While the Kubota is an indirect injection, pay attention to those who know about the differences. While it is true that in general a direct injection is better, the indirect injection from Kubota is not run of the mill technology. It was only a few years ago that Kubotas diesels were largely direct injection. I consider the indirect from Kubota a step up in technology not back. After those 2 items, its going to come down to preferences. There are many great attributes to the JD 4700. Be aware that soon JD is coming out with a replacement for the 4X00 series and will be doing some substantial upgrading. The new series is the 4X10 series. It looks like it might be well worth the wait. I used to have a great comparision sheet made up comparing the L4610 to the JD 4600 and the 4700. It had far more then just the standard specifications. I'm going to have to see if I can dig it up again. Rat...

/ L4610 Vs. 4700
Rat,
I want the GST or Power reverser. I know about the 4X10 and can wait for it if I go Green. I picked the size,I need now the color/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif seems I have been through this before. I am moving to a bigger place=bigger tractor/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. I would love it if you could get me that spec sheet. thanks,
Cliff

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #4  
If in fact your heart is set on GST rather then HST then the differences become much more moot. I would really have to think about that one. I lean towards Kubota, that is primarily due to its HST. I will see what I can do about obtaining another fact sheet on the respective tractors, its quite interesting, Rat...

/ L4610 Vs. 4700
I like the way the Kubota looks but that isnt a reason to just go get it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Do you think the Kubota is more stable than the deere? It looks more stable. Thanks for your help,
Cliff

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #6  
Cliff, that is something I just don't know about. My old International 454D is a saddle tractor. There is no roll bar. This sucker just slides down the hill rather then roll, now thats pretty stable.

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #7  
When I was comparing the 4700 was bigger in every category. Yes it is heavier, longer, and wider so it will also be more stable.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #8  
According to the brochures I have:

Length: JD is 128" (including 3ph), K is 117.5 (without 3ph). Since the 3ph arms add about 10", this seems to be about even.

Weight: JD is 3467 lbs; K with GST is 3180 lbs. Some say K does not include the weight of the wheels/tires in its brochures, but I don't know if that is true.

Overall width at minimum tread: JD is 65.5"; K is 62.4". This is incomplete data, however, because the 4610 has 5 different rear tire tread settings. At the maximum tread setting, the overall width would calculate to 75.8". I don't know how many rear tire tread settings the 4700 has. Someone with an owner's manual could look it up.

/ L4610 Vs. 4700
I went to the Kubota Dealer today, got a broshure. I like the Kubota but it would seem weird changing colors/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. The Kubota is cheaper, and that is one of the best traits right now. Thanks
Cliff

/ L4610 Vs. 4700
I have another question, if I was to go with a cab model are they only HST, and would it be alot more tippy because of the weight up top?