L4610 Vs. 4700

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #11  
Cliff, I believe the cab is available in any version transmission. Tommorrow I will try to get the comparison sheet on the 3 tractors. I know Richard has said the 4700 from Deere had the higher specs, this cut sheet will show where it definitely does not. There are so many more areas to compare then just the standards given the brochures. I still think both are good tractors and if you choose the 4700 or 4600 that Deere offers, you won't be making a mistake. The more I look, the more I am leaning towards the L4610 HST over the L 48. Rich a TBN member had a L 4610 GST and after a little bit of use felt he made a mistake. Shortly after the purchase of the L 4610 GST, he mentioned the dealer allowed him to trade it in on a L 4610 HST. His complaint about the GST was the free wheeling it did on the slpoes when changing gears. Rat...

/ L4610 Vs. 4700
Rat, so your thinking about a new purchase too? I leaning towards the Kubota. I'm sick of the deeres and the problems. I dont know if I can wait for the 4x10 anymore. As soon as I move I need the bigger tractor. Im moving in a week. Thanks,
Cliff

/ L4610 Vs. 4700
I went to drive a Kubota yesterday. It was the first time I drove the L4610, and I dont like it as well as a Deere at all. It was just different and hard to get use to. 4700 for me, or 4710./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #14  
Cliff, if you were in the market for an HST, you would probably prefer the HST Kubota makes. Its the biggest advantage between the 3 tractors, after that it comes down to preferences. Your test drive is exactly what you should do. I wouldn't think of trying to persuade you otherwise. I'm confused though that you would say your sick and tired of all the trouble Deeres are having and yet you want another. Have you tried New Holland? By the way, I went to the Kubota dealer and he got a copy of the evaluation between the 4610 and the 4600 and 4700. It's interesting. Good luck with your decision, Rat...

/ L4610 Vs. 4700
Rat,
I know what I said about the Deere problems but I was mad a my 4100./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif But do you have a scanner so I could see the spec sheet. I was looking at a L4610 cab model, didnt drive it but that sure is a nice cab. I have no need for a Hydro at all. I havent really looked at New Holland, because there isnt a dealer in my new area I'm moving to. I could use a more heavy duty then I've been talking about, so the JD 5205 is calling me, same price bigger tractor. But I'm not decided yet. Thanks,
Cliff

18-73839-PLOWER.jpg

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #16  
Cliff, I don't have a scanner anymore. This copy I have is from a 3 color brochure or phamplet. The greenish portions which were used to highlight the strengths did not come out real well on the Xerox machine, but are still readable. I'm sure one more scan and they won't. I will have to make a post that simply shows some of the positive points of both. Its 6 pages. Rat...

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #17  
Rat,
I'm not sure which one of us has the wrong specs but one of us does. I have the 4610 sheet right here which shows the following: hp 46 PTO hp40.5 GST and 39.0 HST. Length is 118.9, width is 62.4, height is 84.8, wheelbase is 71.1, and ground clearance is 15. For the 4700 it's 48 hp, pto 41.5 gear and 40 hydro, length is 128", MINIMUM width is 65.5", wheelbase is 71.5", height is 89.5", weight is 3467 lbs. and ground clearance is 15.5". According to the two spec sheets that I have the 4700 is higher in all categories. The 4600 is lower only in hp.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #18  
Richard, what I have is not a spec sheet as much as a comparission sheet. It has such minute things as pedal pressure on the HST control., 7 lbs of pressure vs 17lbs on the 4600. Loader lifts which clearly show that the loader on the 4610 has higher capabilities in lift and breakout, bucket roll back 35 deg. vs 30 deg. Turning deg. of front wheels with a full load in bucket at idle. Loader weight of the 4610 is about 500lbs heavier in terms of steel put into it. The list goes on. The 4600 nd 4700 do have some areas where they have higher specs as well. The most obvious is loader lift height, about 4 inches higher. Overall its a good guide, but to call one clearly superior because one has 3 more hp or has the ability to check the oil without opening the hood are more like icing on the cake, they really aren't the sole reason one decides on one or the other. Rat...

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #19  
Rat,
OK, yep we're on the same page then. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I've heard that the hydro on the jd was really hard and also that the loader was better on the 4610. I was just referring to the original questions that plower had about the length, width, weight, etc. I don't think I said jd was superior just that the specs were greater. I would have to agree with you that it's really not much to consider one way or the other they are so close. Kinda what I was getting at in the hp issue with the trucks that was debated. They are all so close to each other in specs that it isn't enough to sway a decision.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ L4610 Vs. 4700 #20  
Agreed Richard. I pointed out some of the items here simply for Cliffs benefit since he asked for them. He apparently is now looking at the 5020? from JD. The info I had on them is that they are very well liked by their owners. Quite a bit different in design from the 4000 series. By the way I was at the JD dealer/ Kubota dealer and he said JD is going to offer a substantial rebate program for still in warranty 4000 series tractors if they choose to upgrade to the new series. It has 2 purposes he said.

1. it gets the new tractors out and exposed
2. it eliminates the warranty obligations from the 4000 series warranted tractor when the tractor is resold by a JD dealer.