GR2110 - I'm not impressed.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #81  
We are talking about two very different tractors here. The GR2110 is an upgraded version of the GR2100; it does not have the same problems with the transmission.

I do know they did make some changes in the 2110. I cannot make a direct compairison because I don't have one. They HAD to do something...the 2100 and 2000 series were not bringing back any customers...........

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #82  
These tractors were a complete screw up from the git-go for the US market.They were designed for the Euro market and their fancy rear discharge decks/rear auto dumper setup.That's why there is a big hole up thru the center and the tiny hydro is shoved over to the left side.I think the Glidesteer concept is a great design but they should have farmed out the design work to TuffTorq/Kankazi for the US market and utilized the available space on the rear of the tractor for a more robust drive.Then to top the whole thing off,the retards don't even market the rear deck/dumper here in the States!

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #83  
These tractors were a complete screw up from the git-go for the US market.They were designed for the Euro market and their fancy rear discharge decks/rear auto dumper setup.That's why there is a big hole up thru the center and the tiny hydro is shoved over to the left side.I think the Glidesteer concept is a great design but they should have farmed out the design work to TuffTorq/Kankazi for the US market and utilized the available space on the rear of the tractor for a more robust drive.Then to top the whole thing off,the retards don't even market the rear deck/dumper here in the States!

HOw do these compare to an older "G-Series". I have an 80's G5200 with the 38" blower and it's a very nice machine, working perfectly. But, occasionally I get into a sloped area where the front drops off and I have to get a winch/come-a-long out to pull it back to the trail or drive. (especially when the blower is on the front weighing it down). I kinda always wish it had 4WD and watch for them in various places. I've always considered the GR2110 the holy grail of what I wanted over what I have now. . To be clear, I have an L35 for real work, and a walk behind contractor Benton mower which has been my only mowing machine for decades. I don't use the G tractor for mowing, although I have the mower deck for it, I've never put it on. I have the front quick hitch and the small blade and blower. My G also has the 3pt rear with rear PTO, althought I've never used th rear PTO as it's an odd RPM and only one attachment was ever made for it. Blower's on in the winter, and small blade is on in the summer for driveway cleanup (L35 is too **** ... do the whole thing all in for "regular" drive maint, IMHO).

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #84  
HOw do these compare to an older "G-Series". I have an 80's G5200 with the 38" blower and it's a very nice machine, working perfectly. But, occasionally I get into a sloped area where the front drops off and I have to get a winch/come-a-long out to pull it back to the trail or drive. (especially when the blower is on the front weighing it down). I kinda always wish it had 4WD and watch for them in various places. I've always considered the GR2110 the holy grail of what I wanted over what I have now. . To be clear, I have an L35 for real work, and a walk behind contractor Benton mower which has been my only mowing machine for decades. I don't use the G tractor for mowing, although I have the mower deck for it, I've never put it on. I have the front quick hitch and the small blade and blower. My G also has the 3pt rear with rear PTO, althought I've never used th rear PTO as it's an odd RPM and only one attachment was ever made for it. Blower's on in the winter, and small blade is on in the summer for driveway cleanup (L35 is too **** ... do the whole thing all in for "regular" drive maint, IMHO).

Welcome to TBN. Sorry I can't give you any first hand advice on the GR2110, but hopefully this will give your request a bump up. From my casual reading on TBN, it looks like Kubota has fixed a lot/all of the issues with the prior GR series, but it would be good to get some first hand reviews.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #85  

I'm not real familiar with the older G series,but have always heard they are good solid machines.The main drawback is traction due to the rolling deck design and no locking rear end.You would be very happy with the GR series with improved turning radius and traction.I wouldn't consider an early 00 tractor unless all the upgrades were done with zero issues 25-50 hrs past the work performed.I had all the work done on my GR2000 and it's stronger now at 325 hrs than it was when new.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #86  
Well, I'm gonna find out first hand. I scored a GR2110 circa 2010 with 660hrs on it for $2900. A little rough and neglected perhaps, but everything appears to work as it should. I think a 1/2 day going thru everything, making all the adjustments, changing all fluids and filters and she'll be good to go. Not exactly sure why I bought it, I think I'd really like to see if the blower hitch doesn't interfere with the mower stuff. On the older G-Series I have, removing the mower deck is a PITA. (I did it when I first bought it). Then, when you install the front hitch, it actually bolts to the front and goes under the front axle and bolts again to the frame behind the front axle. WHich means, you have to remove some of the mower deck bracketry as well. It uses the same hydro lift cylinder as the deck, that's why their doing that. So swapping from summer deck to winter blower, would be a real PITA.

I watched a GR2110 promotional video (looked European as the GR in it had the mid deck exit out back to a weird grass catcher not available here in the US), but the deck appears to come off without any tools and rather simply I might add. That would be a huge plus. Basically, I'd like to be able to swap blower to deck without it being a PITA, as your gonna have to do it twice a year. Then I could sell off my older G-Series which is in really good condition and people seem to really want the ones with the rear hydro 3pt and the blower too, and also sell my Benton mower and be well ahead of the game $$$-wise and have one less piece of equipment to maintain.

The first glance at the G-Series to GR major differences, my G-Series has a heavy one piece cast iron rear axle with an access cover. The GR is all alum. two piece sandwich case. While I know a well engineered case can do the job, it just looks spindly. Frame, my G-Series ia heavy two pieces of straight C-CHannel. Rather unengineered. The GR has a plate steel frame with lots of side to side bends and waffles in it. Same deal I guess, a well engineered piece is probably better, but I love the g-series simplicity. The AWD and locked rear is definitely far better than the G-Series. That's a huge plus for when I do wood runs in the back of my property. I've gotten the G tractor buried a couple times back there. The turn radius is alot better on the GR. Power steering is really nice on the GR. The steering system on the older G-Series is a weak point, I replaced the sector gear and all those parts, and that fixes it, but it's just a bad design and it will go bad again, after 2 years it's already loosened up quite a bit. I had a 2nd G-Series which is where I robbed all the hydro 3pt and mid/front lift stuff from and put it on my 5200 and it also had a wrecked steering box.

I dunno, I need to see how much it's gonna cost me to get a blower on this thing. WIthout a blower, I don't really want it. Looking at the diagrams the actual blower piece is really the same as my older G-Series, it's all the little things, the bracketry on the back of the blower, the d-shaft hookup is slightly different, and of course the tractor side hitch it mates to. Also, I do use the small blade on my older G-Series for quick driveway maint, and it uses the same quick hitch deal as the blower, so it's really simple and less than 2 tooless minutes to swap blower to blade. I need to see if a straight blade goes on this tractor without much hassle either. We'll see. Time will tell.

Last edited:
   / GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #87  
Well, I'm gonna find out first hand. I scored a GR2110 circa 2010 with 660hrs on it for $2900. A little rough and neglected perhaps, but everything appears to work as it should. I think a 1/2 day going thru everything, making all the adjustments, changing all fluids and filters and she'll be good to go. Not exactly sure why I bought it, I think I'd really like to see if the blower hitch doesn't interfere with the mower stuff. On the older G-Series I have, removing the mower deck is a PITA. (I did it when I first bought it). Then, when you install the front hitch, it actually bolts to the front and goes under the front axle and bolts again to the frame behind the front axle. WHich means, you have to remove some of the mower deck bracketry as well. It uses the same hydro lift cylinder as the deck, that's why their doing that. So swapping from summer deck to winter blower, would be a real PITA.

I watched a GR2110 promotional video (looked European as the GR in it had the mid deck exit out back to a weird grass catcher not available here in the US), but the deck appears to come off without any tools and rather simply I might add. That would be a huge plus. Basically, I'd like to be able to swap blower to deck without it being a PITA, as your gonna have to do it twice a year. Then I could sell off my older G-Series which is in really good condition and people seem to really want the ones with the rear hydro 3pt and the blower too, and also sell my Benton mower and be well ahead of the game $$$-wise and have one less piece of equipment to maintain.

The first glance at the G-Series to GR major differences, my G-Series has a heavy one piece cast iron rear axle with an access cover. The GR is all alum. two piece sandwich case. While I know a well engineered case can do the job, it just looks spindly. Frame, my G-Series ia heavy two pieces of straight C-CHannel. Rather unengineered. The GR has a plate steel frame with lots of side to side bends and waffles in it. Same deal I guess, a well engineered piece is probably better, but I love the g-series simplicity. The AWD and locked rear is definitely far better than the G-Series. That's a huge plus for when I do wood runs in the back of my property. I've gotten the G tractor buried a couple times back there. The turn radius is alot better on the GR. Power steering is really nice on the GR. The steering system on the older G-Series is a weak point, I replaced the sector gear and all those parts, and that fixes it, but it's just a bad design and it will go bad again, after 2 years it's already loosened up quite a bit. I had a 2nd G-Series which is where I robbed all the hydro 3pt and mid/front lift stuff from and put it on my 5200 and it also had a wrecked steering box.

I dunno, I need to see how much it's gonna cost me to get a blower on this thing. WIthout a blower, I don't really want it. Looking at the diagrams the actual blower piece is really the same as my older G-Series, it's all the little things, the bracketry on the back of the blower, the d-shaft hookup is slightly different, and of course the tractor side hitch it mates to. Also, I do use the small blade on my older G-Series for quick driveway maint, and it uses the same quick hitch deal as the blower, so it's really simple and less than 2 tooless minutes to swap blower to blade. I need to see if a straight blade goes on this tractor without much hassle either. We'll see. Time will tell.

Congrats on your new tractor.Maybe you can fab or buy the pieces to hook up your old blower.A new complete setup is close to 2500. The deck should be easier to get off.I find it easier to lift the front end up with a chain hoist and roll the deck out the front.With it up in the air it's easier to grease those glidesteer pivot arms and lube everything underneath.If you have the owners manual,read it cover to cover.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #88  
I can convert to summer mowing deck to winter snow blower in 30 minutes, taking my time. No tools required. I use this opportunity to do allot of greasing. I am very happy with the snowblower performance on my GR2120. Any questions, let us know. Good luck! Philip.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #89  
GR-2110 , would not recommend, mine has 350 hours, it needs a new cable for the Glide steer on the left side and the cage clutches for the PTO are about shot ,never liked the blade speed ,blades were too heavy and bog down have to run wide open with the grass catcher system ,didn't save any money I bought the diesel. I used to have a Steiner to save money and I have to run it wide open for it to cut grass and suck it up in the grass catcher. Don't save any money when you're running a diesel wide open.