GR2110 - I'm not impressed.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #71  
cooling hydraulics on the gr2110:
After checking on hydraulic sites and thinking about it.
I feel that the hose length and cooler added in the hydraulics, restricts flow .
when removing the hyd cooler ,the steering will only once have a slight jerk till hyd gets moving. But with the cooler the jerky steering see to last for a while. not seeming good for the pump, and occurred again after sitting overnite.
maybe a small resoirvoir tank to dump into and have it drain down to a cooler and then drain into the tractor might work.
or larger ,oversized cooler lines. at this point i,m not sure.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #72  
Amsoil transmission /hydraulic fluid seems to help in the gr2110. Still gets hot but seems to maintain viscosity better. JMO

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #73  
Have had my GR2110 for a little over a year now. For the most part I am a happy camper. My biggest complaint is I don't think the RPM's on the mower deck are high enough. When I get into higher grass the mowing results are iffy at times. When i say higher grass we are talking letting the grass grow 1.5 -2 weeks vs 1 week. When I take it in this fall for its maintenance I will have them look at it. I also have noticed how slow going in reverse is, but honestly there aren't really too many times when I want to go fast in reverse so it works out fine for me.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #74  
I find this thread interesting. I have 3 acres and lots of hills so a zero turn mower was out, but I wanted something with a bit more oomph than a lawn tractor AND 4WD (and I didn't want to get a BX). In Canada they still sell the GF1800 which is a front mount mower tractor. I was looking at the GR2110, but the GF1800 comes with a 60" deck and has a faster ground speed. It can also reverse up one of my hills with a 35 degree slope in 4WD, with the mower running, and get this, it "only" has the 18HP diesel engine. It also reverses quite quickly too. I bought this unit to replace an old TG1860 diesel lawn tractor that was also gutless in reverse.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #75  
It has been quite a while since I have visited this forum. I have a Kubota GR2100, bought in 2004. It was (and still is) the only 4-wheel drive lawn tractor I have found. I have not considered the BX because I have no need for the 3-point hitch and the roll-bar is too high to get under my trees. For the most part I have been happy with it but it has had its problems. Initially I was not getting the hill climb (hydrostatic lock) I expected but eventually it was improved on by the local dealer's mechanic. It definitely climbs forward considerably better than backward. I did have to replace the clutchpack that services the mower deck at about 125 hours. I had to pay for it because it was 1 month past the extended warranty and my dealer would not go to bat for me with Kubota -- they knew there was a problem with the transmission and that Kubota had extended the warranty because of it and did not contact me. (last tractor and service he sells me period -- he is 8 miles from my house but there is another Kubota dealer 26 miles away.) It cost me over $800.00. I now pay a lot more attention to my hydrostatic fluid levels then I did before and it nows has over 200 hours on it.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #76  
Of course you have a unique problem. Nevertheless, I have had my Kubota GR2110 for 9 years. It always has and is still doing a fine job of mowing, hauling, and plowing snow. It has required only replacement of the parking brake gear due to abuse. Perhaps you should not say you would not recommend this tractor based solely on your personal experience. Based on my and others personal experiences, we highly recommend this tractor.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #77  
Of course you have a unique problem. Nevertheless, I have had my Kubota GR2110 for 9 years. It always has and is still doing a fine job of mowing, hauling, and plowing snow. It has required only replacement of the parking brake gear due to abuse. Perhaps you should not say you would not recommend this tractor based solely on your personal experience. Based on my and others personal experiences, we highly recommend this tractor.

Welcome to tractorbynet .
I noticed this was your first post.
The person you intended to address your comment to may or may not respond.
The post prior to your response is a little over two years old.
There are a great bunch of folks here and other GR2110 owners too.

There is a section for new folks to introduce themselves
Here is a link to the New Members Introduction Forum

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-member-introductions/

Enjoy the forum

Last edited:
   / GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #78  
The problem with the GR 2100 is NOT a unique problem. I bought one in 2005 and had nothing but problems with it. There was definatly a design problem with the transmission.....which is why Kubota put out a retrofit transmission kit. The original transmission had bushings on the rear axle...the retrofit included two new case half's that had bearings for the axle,,,,the way it should have been originally. If you proved you had a problem Kubota would replace the transmission with this kit at no charge to the costumer...parts or labor, even if the until was out of warranty,,,,which tells me that Kubota KNEW they had a problem.

Mine started leaking when it had about 70 hours on it and even after they replaced the tranny, it leaked from somewhere else. In addition to this there were problems with the glide steer cables.....which is why they switched to a mechanical linkage later.

If you do a little research, you'll find there were many problems with the early GR's...which is why I traded mine in when it only had about 200 hours on it.

I like Kubota, but they missed the boat on this one. If you've had no trouble with yours count yourself very lucky...and in the minority. I hope it keeps working for you.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #79  
It has been quite a while since I have visited this forum. I have a Kubota GR2100, bought in 2004. It was (and still is) the only 4-wheel drive lawn tractor I have found. I have not considered the BX because I have no need for the 3-point hitch and the roll-bar is too high to get under my trees. For the most part I have been happy with it but it has had its problems. Initially I was not getting the hill climb (hydrostatic lock) I expected but eventually it was improved on by the local dealer's mechanic. It definitely climbs forward considerably better than backward. I did have to replace the clutchpack that services the mower deck at about 125 hours. I had to pay for it because it was 1 month past the extended warranty and my dealer would not go to bat for me with Kubota -- they knew there was a problem with the transmission and that Kubota had extended the warranty because of it and did not contact me. (last tractor and service he sells me period -- he is 8 miles from my house but there is another Kubota dealer 26 miles away.) It cost me over $800.00. I now pay a lot more attention to my hydrostatic fluid levels then I did before and it nows has over 200 hours on it.

It is now almost 3 years later and I have replaced the GR2100 with a BX-2370. I have nothing to say bad about the BX except in one spot on my lawn it it too heavy. I have a natural spring seeping in the middle of the hill in front of my house; it did not bother the GR2100. The BX is 500lbs heavier and the 1st time I went over that spot the tractor slid right through went sideways for a short distance -- I'm glad I was wearing the seat belt and had the ROP fully extended. Unlike the GR2100 which went into hydrostatic lock at times on steep hills, this tractor has no barriers, at least on my property. Unfortunately, I can't mow the orchard because even folded down the ROP is too tall to get under the tree limbs.

/ GR2110 - I'm not impressed. #80  
We are talking about two very different tractors here. The GR2110 is an upgraded version of the GR2100; it does not have the same problems with the transmission.