Kubota GR2100 backing up question

/ Kubota GR2100 backing up question #11  
Re: Kubota GR2100 backing up question

Was wondering how the Cyclone Rake was working out for you. I also have a GR2100 and am considering purchasing the CR also. Any problems?

I also have a problem backing up a hill but it has to be pretty steep to cause a problem

/ Kubota GR2100 backing up question

JohnSr,

No problems backing up with a full load in the CR. Lots of power there! I did email Kubota asking what the GR towing capcity is, no reply yet. The only problem with the CR is when we are having a dry spell running it at full throttle it creates lots of dust. I usually run it at a slower speed, this seems to help a little. Not sure how the other lawn vacuums do when they are operating during dry times. Something you might do a search on.

/ Kubota GR2100 backing up question #13  

Thanks Eaf, it would be interesting to know if the hard shell units are better at handling the dust issue. BTW, I was pulling a roller today that was just shy of 700 lbs and it was no problem. I wonder how much a heavy (wet) load of leaves weighs?

/ Kubota GR2100 backing up question #14  

I also have the CR but since we've basically been in a drought of sorts around here, I've only used it two times but I'm highly impressed with it's performance. It is loud so hearing protection is a must.
Radio Shack & Northern carry a very good full cup ear protector w/a built in AM/FM radio for around $50 - $60.

As for dust, yes, it puts out the dust. It shoots it straight out the top flap towards the rear. The only time it's effected me is when I've had to backup to manuver around trees and I got into the remnents of one of it's dust clouds. This is no biggie to me as I get into similar dust cloud when manuvering when side dischargeing. I generally just wait a sec or three before backing up.
CR does include a pr of goggles and earplugs w/ the product.

The DR advertises their anti-dust top hood that supposedly minimizes the dust blowout by useing a turbo swirl chamber or something to that effect. I don't know how well it works but you can go to their website and request a free VHS tape.

When I was shopping, I just about went with the 6hp DR as it also has a built-in chipper/shredder but in the end I couldn't justfy the additional $500 or so. Another factor in favor of the CR is that it will easily fold up out of the way when I want to store it over winter.

In any case, good luck, either will do the job...
Volfandt

Attachments

• 741658-Cyclone Rake 008.jpg
    741658-Cyclone Rake 008.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 328
   / Kubota GR2100 backing up question

I forgot to mention the ear protection. Something I always use when around loud machinery or when the wife is near. Hummm! the ringing started over 31 years ago!!!