kubota 7800

/ kubota 7800 #11  
Yeah the pics and description made it sound like a very nice tractor and the "buy it now" price was pretty easy on the old eyeballs.

/ kubota 7800 #12  
Taiser said:
I love mine, been bashing trees and grubbing my land for 2 months now, had sticks ram into the grill, one caused a flat, other one smashed off a switch I put in for my ROPS spotlights and yet another one hit my engine coolant petcock causing it to open but I caught that pretty fast. Fuel filter still does not have a scratch on it, maybe I been lucky but I'm happy now that most of the bush work is done! It's an awesome machine!!!

Taiser, did spring finally arrive in your neck of the woods? How many hours do you now have on your machine?

I changed the oil & filter at 25 hours, not use to seeing an oil change on a diesel motor being so black with so few hours. I used Rotella T 15W 40 from Wal-Mart and a Kubota brand filter.

/ kubota 7800 #13  
I really like my B7800. I have 53 hrs on her and I just changed the
oil. I have to do the hydro oil also. I moved 5 yard of stone for a
friend at work. It was so easy with the tractor. It would have been
a back breaker with a wheel barrel:D

/ kubota 7800 #14  
ronjhall said:
The B7800, B27-2910 and others have a HD top link bracket. If you plan on backing into trees to knock them over I suggest you get one of these brackets. Here is a LINK to an old thread on the subject.

The link lists the HD part at $85.. Went to the local Kubota dealer today to order the part..... $248+

Looks like I'm NOT using the HD part..

/ kubota 7800 #15  
BlacknTan said:
The link lists the HD part at $85.. Went to the local Kubota dealer today to order the part..... $248+

They must be bed with the oil companies. :eek:
Tractor Smart has same price.

/ kubota 7800 #16  
Just cost me a little under $200 from my local dealer a couple months ago. Substantially beefs up the top link mounting. I pretty much had to get one for the 3pt backhoe. After actually seeing one though... Waayyy overpriced part IMHO. But if you gotta have it...

BlacknTan said:

/ kubota 7800 #17  
My fuel filter on my B-7800 leaked and drained the entire tank of diesel one evening. The plastic filter bowl gasket was the problem. I got tired of it leaking and replaced the entire unit. Inside of a month it was leaking again and draining my fuel tank if left to drip overnight. It didn't seem to matter how tight I tightened it, it still dripped.

My dealer suggested an inline filter and thats what I did. I installed the inline unit and chunked the rigid mounted bowl type unit. I have had no problems since.

I have replaced the lower link once.

Other than these items, I have 172 hours on this tractor with no problems. Very dependable.