B3030 60" MMM Pin Up

/ B3030 60" MMM Pin Up #1  

swmpbgy1

Silver Member
Tractor
B3030 - It's for SOLD!!!
Hi all!

Well I've had my 3030 for 3 weeks now and have managed to put on a whopping 4 hours on her......mostly cutting grass. This past Saturday, I decided to get out the 60" rfm and take care of one of my lower fields. WOW...the 3030 can really power thru some really thick grass with the rfm! I digress.......I was hoping to just be able to pin the mmm up and not have to take it off. Being lazy I guess....I could not raise the mmm up high enough to pin the front of the deck up. My dealer suggested a jack to raise the deck up high enough to pin it up.

Any of you guys have this problem? Does the mmm/position control need adjusting? What are you doing?

Thanks.......
Swmpbgy1

/ B3030 60" MMM Pin Up #2  
I'm not sure about the B3030, but on my B2910 with 60" MMM, the manual suggests how to adjust the front linkage so the deck will raise high enough to pin without having to lift it much by hand. After adjusting mine, I still have to raise it ever so slightly by hand to get the pin in. Maybe 1/3 of the pin diameter distance. To make the deck lift higher, you shorten the front linkage. I'm including a picture of my deck. You can see the drop bracket hanging down from the frame bracket and also see the saddle bracket sticking up from the deck. Sorry I don't have one in the up position.

Attachments

• deck lift 2.jpg
    deck lift 2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 490
   / B3030 60" MMM Pin Up
ovrszd said:
I'm not sure about the B3030, but on my B2910 with 60" MMM, the manual suggests how to adjust the front linkage so the deck will raise high enough to pin without having to lift it much by hand. After adjusting mine, I still have to raise it ever so slightly by hand to get the pin in. Maybe 1/3 of the pin diameter distance. To make the deck lift higher, you shorten the front linkage. I'm including a picture of my deck. You can see the drop bracket hanging down from the frame bracket and also see the saddle bracket sticking up from the deck. Sorry I don't have one in the up position.

Ovrszd:

Your deck looks similar to mine.....at this point, I'd have to raise it more than an inch......I'll have to look at the front linkage and adjust accordingly.

Thanks.........
Swmpbgy1

/ B3030 60" MMM Pin Up #5  
My guess is either your linkage isn't adjusted properly or there is interference somewhere. Do you have the "link stoppers" rotated up out of the way (the little shackles at the rear that hold the lift arms up when the MMM is off)? Look to see if the deck is binding on anything. My deck lines up almost perfectly with the pin holes - only takes a slight nudge to pop the pins in. Check your linkage adjustments against the manual to see if the dealer set them up properly.
Even with the deck pinned you don't get all that much ground clearance... you might just have to take it off for some jobs.

/ B3030 60" MMM Pin Up
DiezNutz said:
My guess is either your linkage isn't adjusted properly or there is interference somewhere. Do you have the "link stoppers" rotated up out of the way (the little shackles at the rear that hold the lift arms up when the MMM is off)? Look to see if the deck is binding on anything. My deck lines up almost perfectly with the pin holes - only takes a slight nudge to pop the pins in. Check your linkage adjustments against the manual to see if the dealer set them up properly.
Even with the deck pinned you don't get all that much ground clearance... you might just have to take it off for some jobs.

DiezNutz:

I'm guessing you're right......The dealer came by today and picked up my rear tires to be filled. While it's up on the jackstands, I'll look into the linkages to see if they are adjusted properly.

I agree with you about probably not getting that much ground clearance with the deck pinned up, but its got to be better than having the mmm all the way down, rolling over a bumpy field! ;)

Thanks......
Swmpbgy1

/ B3030 60" MMM Pin Up #7  
swmpbgy1 said:
...but its got to be better than having the mmm all the way down, rolling over a bumpy field! ;)
Quieter, too! ;)
Anytime,
-DN

/ B3030 60" MMM Pin Up #8  
You won't gain much ground clearance, but you will not have your deck going up and down when you use your 3-Point hitch. That's why I pin mine.

/ B3030 60" MMM Pin Up #9  
bigdad said:
You won't gain much ground clearance, but you will not have your deck going up and down when you use your 3-Point hitch. That's why I pin mine.
Why else would you. That is kinda the point. :)

/ B3030 60" MMM Pin Up #10  
After I removed and installed my deck a few times it became so easy that I rarely do any work other than mowing with it installed. It's considerably easier than my JD455 deck.

As for pinning, i think they should have designed a couple pins for the rear of the deck also. When I raise my deck, pin it, then lower my 3pt, the rear of the deck drops at least an inch.