L2800 Cracked Rear End

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #41  
We just had the same problem, except it wasn't only a crack, it tore the whole differential casing apart! It's a 2004 L2800. The dealer sold us the tractor with the backhoe (and other attachments) without telling us that we needed any extra supports and now that this just happened last weekend without any forewarning, the dealer just says, "Yep, I've heard of it happening, and we can fix it, but Kubota won't reimburse it. In fact, it might happen again." It would have been nice if the dealer at least recommended the extra parts we needed... we just assumed that they knew what they were selling us.

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #42  
Gotta love hoes on cut's without the right supports..

soundguy

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #43  
I remember when I was shopping for a compact tractor and hoe...I asked my NH dealer about a three point hitch type....he said "Yeah, I can sell you one of those if you want to tear your tractor in half"

I ended up with a nice used 1715 with frame hoe and bucket from that dealer. The hoe is a Woods 7.5'....when I asked him if he had anything smaller he looked at me and said "Yeah.....a shovel" Gotta love the old school guys :)

JohnnyB

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #44  
We just had the same problem, except it wasn't only a crack, it tore the whole differential casing apart!

Its pretty common knowledge at dealerships that you don't 3pt mount backhoes on anything with at CAT1 hitch. I'd shop somewhere else.