L2800 Cracked Rear End

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #31  
Probably one of the understatements of the year...
I have a B4672 & BL4690 service manual w/an April 1998 revision date that devotes four pages to the "required reinforced 3-point top link bracket". In fact the manual is so out dated it doesn't even list an L2800! Apparently Kubota was making a pretty big deal out of the bracket way back then.
My local dealer was just as clueless when I ordered my bracket, luckily we have TBN...

garren said:
He did some research on the issue and to his understanding Kubota had issued a service bulletin in 2004 referencing the reinforcement kit shown in JW's pictures. In his opinion the tractor should have never left the dealership without the plate being installed.

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #32  
"...My local dealer was just as clueless when I ordered my bracket..."

I might have the same dealer... Do you have a Part Number for that bracket? and what it might cost??

I have a backhoe, been sitting for a couple years waiting for me to build a sub-frame. Seems like the L2800 is a work of art... not ment to be used.

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #33  
Not sure if the question is for me or someone w/a L2800?
B7800 bracket # (70050-00540 KUB BRACKET - HD TOP LINK)
Way over priced at $199.99 and thats just for the bracket. No bolts, no studs, no washers, etc. However gotta either make it or buy it...

teg said:
Do you have a Part Number for that bracket? and what it might cost??

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #34  
Hmmm, just looked at mine again, my plate looks pretty different, in fact the hitch is already welded to the plate by the looks of it...unless I'm missing something?

53400039.jpg

53400040.jpg

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #35  
Taiser,

Does your bracket cover the entire top of transmission (under seat bracket) or are the two bolts showing in photo are are at the edge / end?

JW5875

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #36  
The two top bolts you see in the first picture are where it ends...I think.

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #37  
That is where it ends on the top... The two very bottom bolts connect to the rops which connects to the lower trans/axle housing (if memory serves???) I remember thinking when I put mine on that it really stiffened things up. Its maybe an additional ten bucks worth of fab work, metal, bolts and washers, not sure why Kubota doesn't just include it as standard equipement:rolleyes:

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #38  
I own an L-2800 and I am about to get a King Cutter 6' Box Blade with a weight of 500 Lbs does anyone think this will be a problem. My L-2800 is Three years old with 88 Hours on it.

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #39  
Hard to tell??? I do know there have been a couple times zipping along using my BB where I hit a tree root... Way more stress to the TPH than anything I have done so far with the hoe. How much of that stress was transfered to the top link???
After making the swap and looking at several other tractors/tractor brands top link attachments... The setup that came w/my tractor is/was really cheezy! In hind site, knowing what I know now, I would install the HD bracket again even if I didn't have a hoe. If nothing else just for peace of mind:eek:
If enough interest were shown it might be worth the time and trouble to check into having a job shop fabricate the pieces in quanity???

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #40  
My BB weighs 830lbs. I have used it for over two years and hit many tree roots. So far my L2800 has done just fine with it.
I don't think you should have any difficulties with it.