50 hour service cost

/ 50 hour service cost #1  

dieselmadman

Bronze Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota BX24
I hate to do it, but I think I am going to have to pay to have the service done. I will be at or almost at 50 hours when it comes time to put it away for the winter (I don't use it for snow removal) and I just know the way my schedule is I will keep putting it off until it is too cold. So, I am curious, has anyone else paid for or priced out a 50 hour service for a BX24? Thanks, in advance.

/ 50 hour service cost #2  
I'd like the same info on a B7610 if possible. I do use mine for blowing the driveway but I need it done before the snow hits.
My dealer has a coupon for free delivery and a discount on service for the 'off season' from Dec. until March. I still don't know the price yet or if they are going to offer it again this year. Hope so!

Keith

/ 50 hour service cost #3  
Don't know about the B series but my L2800 HST was $380 using udt and not sudt. I will do it myself from now on, but the 50 hour is important to me just to have the tractor looked over top to bottom and adjusted to spec's. Not to mention warranty

/ 50 hour service cost #4  
I'd be surprised if anyone can give you a valid answer because labor prices vary in different parts of the country, and we don't know whether your dealer has a service truck that comes and does the job at your location, or whether there will be a charge to pick up and deliver the tractor; i.e., transport it to and from the dealership.

/ 50 hour service cost #5  
I think dabear is pretty close to the average cost for a dual filter HST 4wd tractor.

HST filter, hydraulic filter, fuel filter, air filter, engine oil filter, engine oil and 10-11 gal of UDT will run 150-200. The rest is labor.

I wouldn't recommend to have the dealer do it, unless you are very uncomfortable with maintenance and really don't want to get comfortable. All warranty concerns can be addressed by purchasing the filters / fluids from your dealer and putting the date of change on the filter housings with a sharpie pen. Keep the receipt. There really is no adjustments to do at 50 hours. And you should learn how to check the safety switches yourself.

jb

/ 50 hour service cost #6  
You may want to wait until winter and see if the dealer has any specials. They tend to have less business in the winter so often have service specials to get some money coming in.

/ 50 hour service cost #7  
dieselmadman said:
... I am curious, has anyone else paid for or priced out a 50 hour service for a BX24? ...

Here is what the dealer will do if you ask for the "Kubota Care" 50 hour service for your BX24:

-install new oils (transmission & hydraulic, motor),
-install new filters (HST, engine, fuel, ),
-adjust (tire pressure, clutch, brakes),
-top off (front axle oil, coolant),
-clean (radiator screen, air filter),
-check or test (various nuts & bolts, hardware, gauges, lights, charging, battery, glow plugs),
-grease the fittings and lube the linkages,
-conduct a general visual inspecion of your BX24,
-fill out the "Kubota Care" checklist for you.

Here is what this would have cost you during the Summer of 2007 (before taxes):
-Labour (2.5 hrs).... $187.50
-Parts..................... $ 98.95
-Pick up/Delivery..... $ 50.00
-Total ......................$336.45

As you can see, if you do it yourself, you will save about 70% of the total cost. Should you elect to use non Kubota lubricants and filters, the savings could be be even greater.

Last edited:
   / 50 hour service cost #8  
I just paid about 80$ CAN (that would be about 44$ USD... :) ) for the oil, fuel, and air filters and the engine and HST oil. Hopefully I will find time this weekend to play doctor with my BX24

/ 50 hour service cost #9  
Wow! I think I had around $120 in all my materials. It took me 2 hours to do.

/ 50 hour service cost #10  
Certainly, you can let the dealer do the service if you're on a tight schedule but take it from one who was also going to have the dealer do the 50 service, you'll know your tractor much better and be more comfortable if something goes wrong later if you do it yourself.

In my case, the dealer actually came to pick up the tractor (freebie agreed to during the sale negotiations) but brought too small a trailer. They said they'd be back the next day with a bigger trailer. The "next day" didn't come for a few days so by then I had talked myself into doing the maintenance. Between the dealer bringing a single axle trailer with no brakes ( I have a B3030) and the "next day" turning into a few days, I asked myself if I really wanted this place to perform the service on my tractor, the answer was no. They actually did me a favor, I feel much more confident that I can handle something that may go wrong. There's just no substitute for crawling around under your tractor, seeing how everything is connected, where possible trouble spots are, and just plain being able to do things yourself. Of course the moola saved is icing on the cake.