50 hour service cost

/ 50 hour service cost #21  
... a 50-hour service ... for $311.

If you would like to spend some quality time with your BX, you could service it yourself... and save about $200 in the process.

/ 50 hour service cost #22  
I do plan on doing the work myself. I just happened to be on the phone with service so I asked the question. I agree completely, doing it myself will be a great learning experience, and definitely a cost savings.

/ 50 hour service cost #23  
FWIW I just did mine and it is very easy. There are some good threads here with detailed steps and pictures but it is basically an oil and filter change for the engine and the hydro. I completely agree that it will help you get to know your machine.

/ 50 hour service cost #24  
I did mine a couple of months ago. Price of fluids may have dropped since oil is down. Cost me $185 in parts, may be a little less now. Messicks has a detailed site for the service with pictures. Very handy.

Good luck.

/ 50 hour service cost #25  
Is Messicks a good site for purchasing the parts? My dealer is 45 minutes away so I would prefer to online order whatever I need.

/ 50 hour service cost #26  
Is Messicks a good site for purchasing the parts? My dealer is 45 minutes away so I would prefer to online order whatever I need.

Don't know if they have the best prices. I know they beat my local dealers. They are real easy to deal with and have always treated me well.

/ 50 hour service cost #27  
Messicks has a great group of guys. There are several dealers within an hour from me and I ended up buying my BX from Messicks. I travel out their way (three hours) a couple of times a year on family road trips and my wife knows I will stop by to pick up supplies for the next service and to drool over the new models.

/ 50 hour service cost #28  
I will confirm the Messick's outstanding service. My dealer is 45+ minutes away and I can order parts from Messick's and get them delivered UPS ground the next day. I cannot drive to the dealer for the shipping charges!! And they are a little less cost per part than my dealer.

/ 50 hour service cost #29  
My dealer feels so strongly about the service that they will either come do it for you or will supply everything you need for the service at the time of delivery. I did mine and you can do yours, when at least for a little longer if the weather holds out. And if you hit a hard spot just call the service department, they love to talk.

/ 50 hour service cost #30  
locally here i got a flyer in the mail today for 260.00 for 50 hour service with no p-up or delivery,ill do it myself