Bucket is not level ... Should I worry?

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #1  

easygo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I recently noticed that the bucket on my 7510 is not level when sitting on the garage floor. The right side is slightly (1-1.5") higher. Also as I raise the loader to the top position when the left side stops the right side has to travel another inch or two. I called the dealer and he said I should not worry about that and he stated that it is common for one side to raise slower due to the hydro cylinders not working quiet perfectly in sync. He also said that the frame might be twisted a little, but it would have taken a major impact that should have scared me. I didn't notice any lag in performance and have not found any leaks.
So. My question is: Is that really normal for the bucket not to lift evenly? Should I worry about this?
Thanks
Easygo

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #2  
It's not normal.. but at this point.. not much to worry about.

take a straight edge and check out flat surfaces onthe bucket... see if the bucket is warped.. if it looks ok.. remove the bucket and check the linkage... I'll bet you something has a couple degree twist or bend...

soundguy

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry?
Thanks for the response Soundguy. So. You are saying that if I do find out that something really is out of whack I really can't do much about it? (without major expense)

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #4  
You may have to take it to an auto body repair shop that has the ability (hydraulics) to re-square the loader frame if you determine it is bent. Shouldn't cost more than $100.

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #5  
I had this happen on my MX5000 and I found one of the pins in the loader arm had lost a clip and worked itself part way out.

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #6  
easygo said:
Thanks for the response Soundguy. So. You are saying that if I do find out that something really is out of whack I really can't do much about it? (without major expense)

Check all of the pivot pins in the loader arm.

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #7  
My first tractor, B6200 purchased used, came with a similar issue. Also, one side, lift arm, was slightly behind the other where it pins to the bucket. I had the tractor for a while before I noticed it, never made any attempt to repair it and had the tractor 13 years in all with no problems because of that.
My opinion only, unless you are concerned that it is twisted enough that it may cause problems later on I wouldn't worry too much. Guess you could set the bucket on a flat floor, remove the pins where it attaches to the loader frame on the tractor and see how much it moves. Might be hard to put the pins back.:eek: If it is placing a lot of pressure on the pins/bushings it might be worth making a repair.

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #8  
easygo said:

Unles you have the propepr equipment to straighten frames ( like the poster below indicated ).. it's hard to do in your garage with jacks and chains.. but can be done.. just got to watch out you don't make it worse..

soundguy

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #9  
if you are looking at the bucket while attached to the tractor on the floor, check:

- floor is level
- all tires have same air pressure
- tractor is evenly loaded (nothing heavy on one corner like ballast shifted, etc.)

once you isolate the problem, repair or replace. if all else checks out, you might consider some type of shim stock at the loader bracket mounting points to bring things in line.

/ Bucket is not level ... Should I worry? #10  
Has anyone mentioned making sure that the bolts that hold the loader frame on the tractor are properly tightened?