M59 Discussion Thread

/ M59 Discussion Thread
messicks would know what the filters were - Neil sent me along a package with them, though I haven't looked at it yet.

I'd have said 72 inches wide more, but can't argue with 74 - its definitely under 76, this I'm sure of.

I've never figure out what the heck the manual wheel base measurement means. I don't know why they don't give outside tire width for R1,R3,R4, as that's what we all care about...

If for some reason you don't like the regular bucket, don't buy it, buy another size - you can put anything on. I agree with KY tractor though - I don't use it much, but I think its a nice bucket, and love the capacity - when I'm doing less dirt work I'll use it more. 4n1 is a nice combo though.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #32  
Width looks about right. Before I accepted delivery, the 59 ran up onto my 83" wide bed equipment trailer okay but it has a side rail. A 102" bed would be better.

Kubota service confirmed what I thought but wonder what the third Hydraulic filter is doing?

Spent the past few days on the M59. It is just a great machine now that I understand better how to use the LMH HST with auto throttle, manual throttle, stall guard and auto HST. Once you get all the hardware under control the equipment shines. As posted the 59 without tire ballast feels more stable to me than the 39.

So far it's a winner.

/ M59 Discussion Thread
yeah, it does take a bit to get the hang of it. I think I posted this, but watch the auto throttle with nothing on the front

/ M59 Discussion Thread
That'd be good. I took a deep breath and put my head on the steering wheel. The things kind of big to pop wheelies with.

I'm up to 50 hours already, amazing how fast that went with this - took me 6 months to get to 50 hours on the b3030!

I've been looking at the pipes that are the cross brace for the FEL, and thinking that would be a great place to store chain - maybe PVC pipe with a screw on cap, painted orange? I'd like more storage on the M59, and the good thing is that their seems to be a lot of places to put it. Currently I'm using the backhoe station as a bit of a trunk - works fine.

I'm planning on flipping the controls to the hydro thumb at the cylinder, currently it feels reversed to me. Messicks put quick connects on the the thumb end, for when various attachments come out to put on the backhoe - I'm looking to put my hydro PHD on the end of the backhoe, I think that would be incredibly useful

/ M59 Discussion Thread #36  
Driving a new M59 around today I still cannot figure out what the HST Reponse Control Dial is supposed to be doing. The operator's manual says it controls the quickness of the start-up response and engine braking...but I don't notice any change. This is the only M59 I've driven and I'm wondering if that control has a noticeable effect on other M59s?
thanks, rScotty

/ M59 Discussion Thread
Did you buy one?

I confess thats a control, like the creep, I simply haven't even touched. I'll try it when I'm near the tractor next week. I assumed it made it "twitchier"?

/ M59 Discussion Thread #38  
Did you buy one?

I confess thats a control, like the creep, I simply haven't even touched. I'll try it when I'm near the tractor next week. I assumed it made it "twitchier"?

Yes I did - although it is getting a few extra pieces plus a service check and so hasn't arrived at the property yet. I'm curious to hear if anyone actually uses these control features - like the manual setting for the stall guard....when would you use that? But I tried them all and all of them did something except for the HST response control
rScotty

/ M59 Discussion Thread
congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it. I'd definitely get hydraulics on the loader.

Manual setting for stall guard? You mean removing it? I certainly set stall guard on and can't imagine taking it off, though you never know, its nice to have the option.

Sometimes I like having auto throttle advance on, and sometimes, like when I'm letting it cool down, I like it off - I'll move it around at 1000 rpm back to "base" so the turbo cools off, I gather turbo cool down is important.

On which subject, love to hear what you think of its performance at altitude - the turbo should help with that.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #40  
Just got some new toys for my M59. The tool box, (a little small, but useful) draw bar and front 3rd function hydraulics. Oh, did I mention the 1265lb xst heavy duty grapple.