M59 Discussion Thread

/ M59 Discussion Thread
by arm jack do you mean the stabilizers? Yeah, they do warn you you can kill the stabilizers with the bucket - I guess its the trade for more freedom of movement.

At least it sounds like a fairly painless repair. On the other hand, I lost the pin to my quick coupler, and still don't have a replacement part... they are still figuring out the parts thing, no surprise since its so new.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #22  
Charlesaf3 said:
On the other hand, I lost the pin to my quick coupler, and still don't have a replacement part... they are still figuring out the parts thing, no surprise since its so new.

I lost it 3 or 4 times within the first ten minutes of using my L48 hoe. FOund the pin, luckily for the 4th time and went and bought a stack of 1 3/4 washers,, Now I stack washers and pin the pin and no more loss,, THere is too much play at end of pin, so when digging, it rubs the side wherever you lose the lynch pin then the main pin.. Get a stack of washers and get the lynch pin so tight you almost can't close it..

/ M59 Discussion Thread #23  
Charlesaf3 said:
by arm jack do you mean the stabilizers? Yeah, they do warn you you can kill the stabilizers with the bucket - I guess its the trade for more freedom of movement.

At least it sounds like a fairly painless repair. On the other hand, I lost the pin to my quick coupler, and still don't have a replacement part... they are still figuring out the parts thing, no surprise since its so new.

Yes I meant stabilizers, It was late and I couldn't think of stabilizer so I figured arm jack would get the message across.

/ M59 Discussion Thread
good idea larry. I'll try that if I everget another pin. I was thinking wire or bolt.

I understand the late part KY! THat's why arm jack took me a second, I was so beat.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #25  
Can anyone tell me if the M59 is a turbo or not?
Thanks, scotty

/ M59 Discussion Thread #27  
I thought it had a turbo - though I couldn't hear it when I drove one.

Also, can someone tell me the width of an M59? Probably the widest is across the rear tires. Reason for that is I'm still wondering about that very wide bucket.
thanks, rScotty

/ M59 Discussion Thread #28  
Was told the M59's oil and two main hydraulic filters are the same as used on the L39 but the fuel filter is different and need a third smaller hydraulic filter. Have I got this right?

/ M59 Discussion Thread
width - measured at one point but forgot. I wouldn't worry about the wide bucket, but if you don't want it don't use it - my main bucket is the CA 76" 4n1

/ M59 Discussion Thread #30  
Was told the M59's oil and two main hydraulic filters are the same as used on the L39 but the fuel filter is different and need a third smaller hydraulic filter. Have I got this right?

I measured with a tape measure across the back tires and I believe it was around 74 inches. I don't know how accurate that was as I just eyed where I thought it started and ended. The manuel says the wheel base is 80 inches. I couldn't get use to that 84 inch buckett at first, but I must say after 59 hrs I love it. You get a lot more work done.