BX Safety switch

/ BX Safety switch #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
My Dad owns a BX2350 and uses it for mowing only.Is there a way to disarm the seat safety switch? I used it the other day and it would shut off and on alot when I wasn't sitting in the seat right. It drove me crazy.My Dad said it does it with him too. I would like to just unhook it so it would run normal.
I have a B7500 and it don't have that and I'm glad.I don't like my Dads reverse stop either.When it stops it STOPS in reverse.
Tell me how to UN-HOOK this problem.

Thanks, Donny

/ BX Safety switch #2  
My Dad owns a BX2350 and uses it for mowing only.Is there a way to disarm the seat safety switch? I used it the other day and it would shut off and on alot when I wasn't sitting in the seat right. It drove me crazy.My Dad said it does it with him too. I would like to just unhook it so it would run normal.
I have a B7500 and it don't have that and I'm glad.I don't like my Dads reverse stop either.When it stops it STOPS in reverse.

Thanks, Donny

You should be able to find an online schematic for the electrical you're looking to disable...At my age I've learned to slow down and take it easy and not be in a hurry...Safety is so important with power equipment...Not trying to lecture, only help.

Don

/ BX Safety switch #3  
Did that on mine, the switch connector is right under the back fender above the 3pt setup. Should be able to follow the wires back.
I believe I just disconnected it and taped up the ends.

/ BX Safety switch #4  
Reverse stop is a problem in BX2350. Haven't heard of a solution yet.

/ BX Safety switch #5  

Thanks, Donny

Move the seat ahead,.. sounds like you maybe an edge sitter :)

/ BX Safety switch #6  
Reverse stop is a problem in BX2350. Haven't heard of a solution yet.

Look in your O&M manual. I'm pretty sure there is an adjustment available. It tightens or loosens the return spring.

Oops, I looked, maybe I misspoke. The adjustment of the spring is for the speed of the pedal return to neutral. But maybe slowing the return speed would help and also keeping the linkage lubed?

/ BX Safety switch #7  
Disconnect the wires from the seat switch and make a jumper to to connect them together.

/ BX Safety switch #8  
Sorry to lecture here, but why not fix the safety switch? It shouldn't be shutting the tractor off when you're sitting on the seat properly. If the seatbelt in your car was a pain to buckle, would you fix it or take it out and throw it in the trash? When the switch is operating properly, you don't even know it's there.

As for the STOPPING of reverse, yeah, that sucks. :( I sometimes throttle down to about 1600 RPM just before I come to a stop in reverse. :rolleyes: Here's a little bit of discussion about that.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/124057-bx24-hst-dampener.html

/ BX Safety switch #9  
Here's another option for the seat switch issue. Right where the switch is located, there are 2 "Z" shaped stamped pieces that are used as springs for the seat switch system. In other words, the weight on the seat has to work against these springs in order to press the switch. I went in and removed one of these springs and it definitely helped AND the kill system still works if I get off the seat. I was hesitant to circumvent the switch entirely due to my son doing most of the mowing.

/ BX Safety switch #10  
Don't disable the switch. I did the same "adjustment" fish6942 did and it cured the problem.