B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal

/ B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal #1  

dontieche

Tractor
Ferguson TO 20, Kubota B7200 TLB, JD's 420, 214, Gator
Has anyone installed a block heater on a B7200?
I purchased the unit from my local dealer and it installs in place of the block drain pipe. The instructions reference a socket (70097-EN100) for removing the drain pipe (part # 15531-73170). All well and good except the dealer has never heard of the socket and I am unable to get more than a quarter turn towards getting it out. TIA

/ B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal #2  
Sorry I looked all thru my B7200 operators and workshop manuals and could not find anything on this. I will take a look at my 7200 next time I am out in the barn and see what it looks like.

/ B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal
I appreciate your response, I also have the factory service manuals and could find nothing. I am attaching the installation sheets for the heater in hopes that might help.

Attachments

• Kubota block heater installation 1.jpg
    Kubota block heater installation 1.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 739
  • Kubota block heater installation 2.jpg
    Kubota block heater installation 2.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 993
  • Kubota block heater.jpg
    Kubota block heater.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 721
   / B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal
Thanks! That's the critter. For mine it shows the heater replacing the drain pipe.

/ B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal #6  
Hello:

Any luck getting it out -I am not sure either how to get it out without the socket.They put a bracket in a very bad spot welded to the frame near the drain fitting so it is not easy to get to.-Kip

/ B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal #7  
Hello, Did you ever figure out how to remove the drain plug? I was able to move a little with a 15/16" open end wrench but couldn't turn very far because jaws were obstructed. Really seem to need a special tool.

/ B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal #8  
You may have to bend a wrench or would a ratchet end box end work.:)

/ B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal #9  
Dontieche,

Here's Pics of mine installed......there's a pipe plug that needs a 17 mm allen wrench........IIRC a 1 3/8 socket fits the brass block heater......

If you don't touch the filler cap on the radiator you can slip the plug out and install the BH and only lose a cup or two of coolant (catch it in a pan to reuse it)

Good Luck

Attachments

• blockheater 001.jpg
    blockheater 001.jpg
    848.7 KB · Views: 1,551
  • blockheater 003.jpg
    blockheater 003.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 876
   / B7200 Block heater, drain pipe removal #10  
would a ratchet end box end work

After the picture it's very evident the box end will not work.:ashamed:

Afraid I missunderstood the question.:eek: