USA, Michigan
    Kubota L3450

Default Shift Problem?

Hello everyone. I finally joined a couple of months ago, I read alot on here and love the projects but have not posted anything more than a greeting.
    Here is my first question. I "aquired" a kubota L3450 GST with a large hole in the block where the piston wanted out. After 2 years I split the tractor fixed the block and rebuilt the engine. Suprisingly the tractor runs very good and I have been using it some. The problem I have (if it is a problem) when I shift from one gear to another without the clutch the tractor comes to a complete stop for a couple seconds then continues moving. If I use the clutch it operates like a normal manual shift. Is this normal for a GST? I have never owned one before.

Thanks Dirk

Pelham, NC
    Kubota L3130 GST FEL

Default Re: Shift Problem?

I love this transmission! When you change gears, the Hydraulics operates the clutch, changes the gears, then releases the clutch. Yes there is a time, just like manual clutch shifts, that there is gear train is disconnected. But when in gear just as solid as standard transmission. Learn to expect this short release time.

central Wisconsin
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Default Re: Shift Problem?

How about a round of applause for the first time poster answering the second time poster with seemingly accurate info. I would say exactly the type of members that are the norm here at TBN!