Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner"

/ Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #1  

racolton

Tractor
Kubota BX2660
My spinner knob finally came today - any suggestions on the best position to mount it? Top center? 10-11 o'clock position?

Attachments

• Kubota Deluxe Wheel Spinner.jpg
    Kubota Deluxe Wheel Spinner.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 2,304
   / Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #2  
My spinner knob finally came today - any suggestions on the best position to mount it? Top center? 10-11 o'clock position?

From what I have been reading, it doesn't matter on a lot of tractors because they have hydrostatic power steering. Some have reported their steering wheel changes position.

I have not paid attention to my tractor's steering wheel position, but the specs say my M8540 has hydrostatic power steering as well. When I turn my steering wheel with the tractor off, it feels like there is a direct connection between my steering wheel and my wheels... so this is another thing I need to research. It is interesting to me...

/ Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #3  
I have the same tractor that you have-BX2660. With the hydrostatic type steering. The steering wheel will change position. Where ever you put it doesn't matter as the return spot will vary over time. I know that is probably not what you wanted to hear.

/ Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner"
So far my steering wheel returns to the same position every time. I'm sure that will change as the seals in the steering cylinder and valve wear out, but hopefully that doesn't happen for many more years. :)

/ Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #5  
Mount the steering wheel spinner at

the six o clock position.

In that what you will be able to use very

steering effort to make corrrections while

you are backing. :thumbsup:

/ Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #6  
What kinda brody knob is that? Got no nekkid lady.........
Joe H

/ Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #7  
   / Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #8  
I mounted mine in the 8 O'clock position because I mostly steer the tractor with my left hand. My right hand is for loader and 3ph control and to hang onto the ROPS while backing up.

/ Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #9  
The knob on my BX25 changes every time.

/ Where to mount Kubota "Deluxe Wheel Spinner" #10  
When I turn my steering wheel with the tractor off, it feels like there is a direct connection between my steering wheel and my wheels... so this is another thing I need to research. It is interesting to me...

From what I have read, the valve that they use for stearing is called an orbital valve and when there is no flow in the hydraulic system the metering function reverses and it becomes a fluid pump so that you can actually have manual steering.

Quite a few spray buggies that they have around here use this for a steering system since it is a simple system to make and most are shop built and they need lots of power for the huge wheels that they have.