Loader bx bucket expander

/ bx bucket expander #11  
It's very nice to know that you folks at BXpanded are so responsive to customer experiences with your products. I must say I still love the bucket expander. It makes moving mulch or snow a breeze, saving several trips in the process. Well worth the investment. It attaches easily. There is a gap at the bottom end of the expander that slips over the bottom edge of the BX25's bucket. Side clamps wrap around the welded cutting edge of the bucket (see my photos above).

Last edited:
   / bx bucket expander
Harry, can you tell me how many holes you have to drill in the bucket to install the expander? thanks

/ bx bucket expander #14  
Harry, can you tell me how many holes you have to drill in the bucket to install the expander? thanks

None! No drilling , no welding. On or off in about a minute.

/ bx bucket expander #15  
Would this work on the 48" bucket on our B7500?

Aaron Z

We only offer it for the BX series right now. We're looking at other applications if we have the demand.

/ bx bucket expander #16  
Hello all, I'm new to the tractor world so please forgive my probably dumb question. Why not just drill a couple of holes along the top of the bucket to allow chain hooks? I know it may look a little ghetto but would it not work, cause bucket fatigue along that ridge? Perhaps the bucket is too hard to drill through. I'm not trying to know the BXpanded product just trying to understand why drilling seems to be a bad idea. I've got a BX24 and really needed somewhere to latch onto to move a potted tree. Seems like an oversight in design to not include something on both ends of the bucket.

Cal1

/ bx bucket expander #17  
Hello all, I'm new to the tractor world so please forgive my probably dumb question. Why not just drill a couple of holes along the top of the bucket to allow chain hooks?

Because you'll bend your bucket...Eventually, you'll put something too heavy and wreck the bucket.

I've got a BX24 and really needed somewhere to latch onto to move a potted tree

Get a carry-all for the 3-point.

/ bx bucket expander #18  
Because you'll bend your bucket...Eventually, you'll put something too heavy and wreck the bucket.

I'm not sure how the BXexpanded hooks prevent the bucket from bending if I put something too heavy on the front.

/ bx bucket expander #19  
I have not, if they ever made one for the B series I'd jump on it in a minute!

/ bx bucket expander #20  
You asked about chain hooks. These are generally used to hook chains on to lift things.

I now read your post as looking for these chains to attached the bucket expander.

The system that Bxpanded has come up with works very nicely, and can't see any reason to make substantial changes to it.