Loader bx bucket expander

/ bx bucket expander #21  
Hello all, I'm new to the tractor world so please forgive my probably dumb question. Why not just drill a couple of holes along the top of the bucket to allow chain hooks? I know it may look a little ghetto but would it not work, cause bucket fatigue along that ridge? Perhaps the bucket is too hard to drill through. I'm not trying to know the BXpanded product just trying to understand why drilling seems to be a bad idea. I've got a BX24 and really needed somewhere to latch onto to move a potted tree. Seems like an oversight in design to not include something on both ends of the bucket.

Cal1

From my point of view is that with BXpanded stuff, harry seems to design things to keep things looking pristine condition without modifying it. It's kinda like having fully working accessories without piercing that would keep the body in original condition.

Remember, some people DON'T want to modify their equipment but have a need for extra features. I drilled holes in mine on top for hooks, but that was before bxpanded came up with a simple slip on unit.