B2920 HST Creaking Sound

/ B2920 HST Creaking Sound #11  
Wow;

That is a strange noise and seems to cycle with a fixed engine RPM.

Is your mid PTO linkage tight? It almost sounds like something else running
in the background.

The video was a great medium for troubleshooting. There are some very
smart folks here. Someone will know !

Cheers,

RD

/ B2920 HST Creaking Sound #12  
You may have already done this, but perhaps take a stick of 2x4 and go around the tractor, with the hood up, and see if you can deaden the sound. See if by pushing that stick against things, it stops the resonance harmonic. Just an old mechanic's way for finding strange noises. The stick allows you to "touch" things that are hot, like the muffler, intake, exhaust manifold, etc. Just don't stick it in the fan. :D

Do the same thing around cables, trans housing, rods, cables, etc. underneath the machine.

/ B2920 HST Creaking Sound #13  
Thought you where blowing things out of proportion whe I started to read the post but when I watched and listened to the video I think you gotta have that looked at right away - Almost sounds like it is coming from a cylinder but that couldn't possibly:confused2: be could it????

/ B2920 HST Creaking Sound
Just to clarify...the audio is from the tractor when it's actually being driven. The photo in the video is just a still image I inserted. The tractor does not make any unusual noise when not moving.

From the first post "It's making a loud creaking type noise when going up slight inclines or working with the box blade. It's in low range, 4wd, with the BB and FEL attached at around 2700 rpm. It's not being worked hard at all."

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

/ B2920 HST Creaking Sound #15  
Not that it matters with respect to the noise but isn't 2700 rpm a little high for running this tractor? I run mine in the 1200-1500 rpm range for most tasks.

/ B2920 HST Creaking Sound #18  
   / B2920 HST Creaking Sound #19  
This reminds me of a terrible noise I had in an 84 Bronco that everyone was sure was in the transfer case. Turned out to be a loose heat shield on the catalytic converter. Not that this helps the OP, but....

Now that you mention it, 3 years ago, my daughter's Chevy Tracker did the same thing. As a temp fix, I put a large worm clamp around it to shut it up.:thumbsup:

/ B2920 HST Creaking Sound
Thanks for all of the tips. I'm still trying to discover the cause and have contacted my dealer.

I removed all of the implements one by one, down to the bare tractor, and the noise still persists. It doesn't occur when going down a slope with the HST pedal applied.

Here's another video that may better illustrate the problem and when it occurs.

YouTube - ‪B2920Noise‬‏