Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240

Default Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed

Finished up my rear remote and top and tilt install on my new kubota L3800 this week.
    The spool valve and hoses are from Surplus center. I went with a four spool Wolverine valve.
    All of my fittings were purchased from Discount Hydraulic Hose, they're close enough to me that standard ground shipping is overnight.

I decided the best place to mount the valve was on top of the loader valve. I fabricated a mounting bracket out of scrap steel from the scrap rack.
    Aside from the welding to fabricate the spool valve bracket the entire install is a drill a few holes and bolt on installation.

The rear remote mounting location was a challenge. My L3800 has the factory backhoe. the remotes had to be out of the way to clear the backhoe and of course the 3pt and top and tilt. It took a lot of prototyping to make it work. There's not a lot of space back there on the L3800 and I didn't want the install to look like a strap on after thought. My final decision was to mount to the side of the ROPS. I fabricated a mounting plate and used U-bolts to attach. Grainger had the best price on the U-bolts, only because they don't charge shipping if you pick up from one of their branch stores.

I'm not going to go into a bunch of detail on the hydraulic plumbing. It's really so simple once you understand the whole power beyond concept.

I've only plumbed two of the valves to serve the top and tilt remotes for now. The other two are capped and I haven't installed the handles. Once I add hydraulics to some of my 3pt attachments I'll complete the plumbing and mounting of the other two remotes.

I'll add some more pictures with the backhoe installed this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed-img_3755.jpg   Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed-img_3757.jpg   Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed-img_3765.jpg   Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed-img_3767.jpg  
    Last edited by paulwestski; 05-28-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Default Re: Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed

Paul, I would say you were successful in making it a neat looking install. That is a nice set up and I like the ability to add a few more items to the valve. Great job.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

Here's a couple of photos of the remotes with the backhoe installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed-img_3788.jpg   Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed-img_3789.jpg  

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

You sir are not just a craftsman, but you are an artisan! What beautiful well though out work! My hats off to your ability's

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

I forgot to mention the top and tilt cylinders came from Fit Rite. Brian was great to work with and is very knowledgeable about the whole T&T setup.

And it didn't hurt that he has the best pricing and quick turn around.

I had ordered the T&T cylinder kit from Brian before I took delivery of the tractor. I thought that I was was getting a Kubota L3400. Brady Barlow emailed me and said that since the backhoe sub frame for the L3400 was on back order he was going to upgrade me to a L3800 for the same price. I couldn't complain. Brian at Fit Rite said there were subtle differences in the tilt cylinder length. All-though It seems to work just fine with the HF quick hitch mounted. I'll know for sure once I take the tractor back to the mountain property where all of the 3pt attachments are stored and test the T&T.
    Last edited by paulwestski; 05-28-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

I wanted to mount the new spool valve lower to the loader valve but needed enough clearance to operate the loader valve lockout. In reality the loader will probably always be mounted except to service the engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed-img_3768.jpg  

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1552

Beautiful work, How, do you keep that tractor, that clean?

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

Quote Originally Posted by loghouse511 View Post
    Beautiful work, How, do you keep that tractor, that clean?
    It only has 8 hours on it, 6 of which was just using the pallet forks moving materials around the property. Used the BB for a few passes up and down the rough cut access road.
    Kubota L4240 HST+ R-4's,

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

Thanks for all of the compliments.

My next project is to fabricate a "V" shaped ditching blade that will bolt onto the backhoe bucket. I've a piece of 3/8" scrap diamond plate that I'm trying to use, not sure how pretty it'll be but it should be functional.
    Kubota L4240 HST+ R-4's,

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 Ford 8N Ford 6000

Where did you get your hydraulic quick connect rubber protector caps at? I really like those. The oem ones for my fel keep falling off. Those look really nice. Thanks. Philip.
    Kubota L3940HST-1 2009
    84" front blade
    LA724 loader w/quick attach
    HD 72" round back bucket
    turf tires
    Kubota GR2120 2013
    Ford 8N 1950
    Ford 6000 diesel 1961
    JD L110 2003
    Woods RD7200 finish mower, Land Pride RCR1272 rotary cutter, Bearcat CH5540 5" chipper, L8170 ballast box, 6' Woods pulverizer, 6' Dragon box scrapper with hydraulic rippers, 14" 2 bottom plow, sub-soiler, post hole auger, 3 point pallet forks, 30" rear scoop, 7' Land Pride RB1584 rear blade, 3 point boom pole

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast