3-Point Hitch Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed
Where did you get your hydraulic quick connect rubber protector caps at? I really like those. The oem ones for my fel keep falling off. Those look really nice. Thanks. Philip.

I got them off of Ebay. They don't fit the female QC very well at all. They fit the male QC just fine. I've 3/8" QC's and that's what the dust caps are.
They just don't engage the ball bearings in the QC tight enough. You can push them in and pull them right out of the female QC. My factory ones you must pull back on the QC sleeve to put on and remove. The guy I bought them from said I could exchange them for 1/2" dust caps but that probably won't fit.

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #12  
Paul, a little off the subject, :rolleyes: but is the dozer in your avatar yours also?

Paul, a little off the subject, :rolleyes: but is the dozer in your avatar yours also?

No that was a rental I used when I was clearing the property. I also used it to move my 8' x 20' shipping container up the logging road and then my access road to set it on my property. It also was handy to tow my 30' camper up to the property. I unbolted one of the loader bucket teeth and bolted a 2" receiver hitch to the bucket. It was slow going but I was able to park the camper exactly where I wanted it. My 1 ton SUV could have towed it up the mountain but parking it exactly where I wanted to might have been another thing.

Attachments

• IMG_3670.jpg
    IMG_3670.jpg
    856.8 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_3669.jpg
    IMG_3669.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 543
  • 3 22 11_0002.jpg
    3 22 11_0002.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 801
Last edited:
Picture 3 is pretty impressive. :shocked:

We used to move loaded containers from the side the same way with big rough terrain forklifts. Just fork it from the side and run two chains to the top corners on the same side. Just make sure you're using 3/8" chains or larger.

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #17  
Where did you get your hydraulic quick connect rubber protector caps at? I really like those. The oem ones for my fel keep falling off. Those look really nice. Thanks. Philip.

Discount Hydraulic Hose carries those. I have standard AG connectors and they fit fine. Both male and female.

Very nice work Paul :thumbsup:

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #18  
Awesome fabrication paulwestski!! I wish I had your skills.

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #20  
Paul,
Thanks for posting the pics and details of where you mounted the valve. I am ordering that same 4 spool wolverine valve from Surplus as well. I'm not really sure where to mount it yet and I never thought of mounting it where you did. How do you like it now that it's been on there a few weeks? Is it easy to control the top n tilt while looking back at the implement? I may end up mounting it in the same spot on my L4610. I was also thinking of mounting it on the right side fender somehow or attaching some angle iron to span the ROPS in the back and attach it to there. Any other suggestions or opinions on that?

Also, if you could mount it in the back near the top n tilt in an out of the way location, can you just directly plum the hydraulic lines into the valve? Rather than using the rear bracket setup like you have (although I realize this wouldn't look factory by any means)

Thanks again and great job on the fabrication. :thumbsup: