Backhoe Removing BH77

/ Removing BH77 #11  
You can go to YouTube and type in; 'removing Kubota backhoe' and get dozens of videos demonstrating how to remove and attach it. Not all tractors will be the same as yours but it should be the same procedure. Scott

/ Removing BH77
Thanks for the tip on YOUTUBE. I'm always suprised that every single thing you can think of is on there somewhere. I could only find examples of removing the BH on BX25's but that was close enough to get me comfortable with the process. I think a dolly is the way to go eventually but I'll try it without first to get an idea of the size/height dolly to build. Wish me luck, I'll probably take the BH off later today. Thanks for the replies.

/ Removing BH77
Took the BH off yesterday, went pretty well but I'll tweak my technique a little next time and it should be even easier. Also attatched 3 pt arms and then put on chipper (Wallenstein BX42). Some trouble lining up lift arms but I guess thats normal. Chipper ran well on branches but then jammed on saplings w/ lots of leaves attatched. I'm going to check the factory blade gap setting to see if that was off a bit. Thanks again for the advice, so far so good. Later I'll see how the reattach of the BH goes.

/ Removing BH77 #14  
You put it down on a level firm spot, right? You don't want it sinking to where you can't get things lined up when reinstalling.

The main thing is not to unhook the pressure lines until you've got the BH down and unpinned. Otherwise you can't use the controls to dick it around level and aligned for easy pin removal. Same goes when putting it back on - position the tractor to let you hook up the hydraulics and then WITH PRACTICE you can pretty well walk the hoe into place making minor adjustments with the hydraulics. Saves a lot of headaches and even maybe a squished finger or two.

Agree about youtube - it's great! Amazing how many 'instructors' come out of the woodwork to put up a tape on how to do every little thing.

/ Removing BH77 #15  
A little late as I see you already got it off. I had the same dilemma as I bought a B3300SU with BH77 and also a PHD and a blade. Luckily the dealer had to come back to my place a few weeks after delivery to fix a problem with the PHD as delivered. The service guy showed me in real time how to remove the backhoe. It is quite easy as you learned. What I really learned is to find a level/almost level place to drop it that is not close to the edge of anything else. I also put 6x6's under mine on the front and back of the main platform. My backhoe was off for about 10 days.

When I put it on I was by myself and I was a little worried. Not bad. What I learned again is to back up the tractor EXACTLY in line with the BH. I was slightly off to one side, like 1/2". Try to get it just right. Then turn the tractor off. Connect the hoses. Turn the tractor on and using the stabilizers and boom lift the BH up until the pins are ready to go on the tractor. I actually scooted my BH up to the tractor and onto the lower pins w/o moving the tractor again. Then move the boom more until the top pins are ready to go in.

I had no issue reattaching the hoses despite the fact that it was hot and sunny outside.

On my B3300SU, I of course had to remove the 3 point arms and store them. Then there was a little "other" metal piece that I was told to put above the metal plate and then put a pin back in. Not sure why. I can take a picture of that helps. All in all the reattachment was a 15 minute job but I bet I could do it in 5-10 next time.

Tom

/ Removing BH77
I put my BH in one of my garage bays (concrete floor). It takes up a car space but its nice and level. Between having to take off the 3 pt hitch and reattatch BH, its enough of a hassle that I don't want to have to do it all the time. I'll leave off the BH for awhile (a week or two) while I get in some chipper and brush hog time.

/ Removing BH77 #17  
It is as important to get the tractor itself in a place that is as level as possible before you remove the hoe. The first time I did it, the rear tires of the tractor were very near the edge of my paved driveway. I applied the parking brake, and it was no trouble at all to take the backhoe off. Putting it back on was a bit of a hassle though because I just couldn't stop the tractor in just the right place, and I was too nervous to think about using the backhoe itself to move the unit ahead. One other thing rarely mentioned is to just go to the dealer where that is possible, and have them show you again in real time. They can be understanding about the excitement, and overload of getting your first new tractor, and backhoe. Usually they would rather help than face repairs if you damage the unit in the process while learning. Sometimes just the way you are thinking about the task can make more difference than you would think. For example, the first few times I put mine back on I viewed it as a process of "lifting it on", and had some trouble with little things that sometimes took a few tries to get right. Once I started thinking about it as a process of pivoting it back on using the bottom two pins as a pivot, it went consistantly much easier. Of course getting the bottom two pins in the sockets is more of a lifting process. There were times that I wished the hydraulic hoses were just a hair longer though! That 4 point mount sure is one of the nicest Kubota designs though, and I would have a hard time buying a tractor / backhoe where the full subframe had to come off each time. Have fun!

/ Removing BH77
The sub frame design does seem very sturdy but I wish they could have figured out a way to keep the 3 pt hitch on w/ the BH attached. It'll get easier w/ practice (I hope) but what a hassle to put the 3 pt back on/off everytime I want to use an attachment. I really wanted the BH but it really complicates things. (there, I'm done venting)

/ Removing BH77 #19  
I don't have the L3800, so it may be slightly different for me, but the 3 point arms are the easiest part of mounting the hoe..:laughing:. The first time you try to put it back on, choose a day when everything is perfect, you're bothered by nothing, and have lots of time to waste. Having the manual on the seat is good, and don't forget your dictionary of bad words....they really help:thumbsup:. Seriously, for me the first time was actually easier than the second time...go figure.

/ Removing BH77 #20  
Kcender
Could you please post some pictures of your BH dolly??
I finally got some pictures of the dolly,been kind of busy.It is made of one and a half inch square tubing with three sixteenths walls.The casters are four inch because I already had them but they could have been six inch.There are different ways to make a dolly but this is my version which seems to work fine.

Attachments

• P1000150.jpg
    P1000150.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 436
  • P1000151.jpg
    P1000151.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 225
  • P1000152.jpg
    P1000152.jpg
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 229
  • P1000153.jpg
    P1000153.jpg