Tractor size versus bushhog size

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size #21  
the MX5100 will pull an 8ft pull type shredder with ease.an 8ft 3pt shredder is to much weight on the 3pt for my liking.i drive my mx5100 over thorn bushes an small trees.but im very careful about how i drive over them.

Pull types are great. No worrying about turning and swinging it into something that doesn't move, just follows right behind you like a trailer. Much better cut quality on uneven surfaces. Biggest drawback is backing into stuff that needs to be cut off. Our 7ft does great.

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size #22  
If you are doing this for hire, have you thought about how you are going to transport tractor and cutter? I cannot get my L3940 and 6' bush hog on my 16'+2' trailer. Philip.

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size #23  
If you are doing this for hire, have you thought about how you are going to transport tractor and cutter? I cannot get my L3940 and 6' bush hog on my 16'+2' trailer. Philip.

Excellent point:thumbsup:

It is very difficult to even get my smaller L3400 w/FEL and 6'er on my 18+2.

I have to back on, and set the tail wheel down on the hitch about 8" behind the ball:confused2: And only then can I get the bucket on the trailer and be able to fold up the ramps

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size #24  
I bet my 6' bush hog is 9' long and close to 7' wide. Philip.

Attachments

• BUSHHOG2.jpg
    BUSHHOG2.jpg
    955.7 KB · Views: 667
   / Tractor size versus bushhog size #25  
I pull my MX5100 with loader and 6ft brush hog commercially on a 20'+2" and I have an inch or two to spare with the tail wheel hanging off about 18" or so

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size
I have a 16' with 10k total axles.

No I haven't really crossed that bridge.
As many trailers on Craigslist for example I figured that would be easy and could come after I get the bigger tractor ( mx5100 ) and THEN! go shopping for bushhogs ( I like the Batwing option ). I just haven't gotten THAT far yet. But I like to plan ahead hence the post.

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size
What about a Flail shredder.... Anybody used one?

How does it compare to Bushhogs and how much power required compared to a Bushhog +/-?

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size #28  

How does it compare to Bushhogs and how much power required compared to a Bushhog +/-?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Now you've done it. Save some more bickering and search the old threads, you will be reading for days and still be wondering. Good luck.

Seriously though if no one chimes in PM leonz, he has helped me with a lot of stuff and can refer you to some sources.

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size #29  
If you want to hear the benefits of a flail ask leonz.
If you want to hear the downsides of a flail in a rough cutting environment (roadside mowing) ask Farmwithjunk

Some good threads to read:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/216094-i-cant-resist-stirring-mower.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/213426-contract-flailing.html
A flail will take more power to do the same amount of work than a rotary cutter, but in some cases, it is better

Aaron Z

/ Tractor size versus bushhog size #30  
I run a 7' bushog behind a m5040 does a fine job