Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy #1  

sierradmax

Silver Member
Tractor
1998 Bobcat 763 & 2009 S-175
I would like to add a canopy to my B2320. I know there are aftermarket canopies out there that cost less but I would like to hear peoples opinions and perhaps share some pictures of Kubota's canopies. My concerns are
1. Are they painted or molded with color?
2. Do the channels in the canopy reflect water to the sides or front to rear?
3. I was told the sunshade has less structural support. Will this prevent me from (a) mounting aux. lights at the front of the canopy and (b) transporting without bracing the canopy?

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy #2  
I've bought a few different canopys. I've even made a couple of my own out of stainless steel clamps and PVC pipe with canvas curtains bought at a yard sale over the PVC using zip ties to hold it on. Don't think Kubota makes covers but dealers sell different brands and some are painted orange. I've had some that were considered quick attach/unattach that left brackets on ROPS with top off and my current one attaches with ubolt brackets and has to be unbolted clamps and all.
Go to a few different dealers and see what they have and check their prices. I believe you'll see a wide variety and different prices. I even tried one of the umbrella types several years ago.:)

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy #3  
I would like to add a canopy to my B2320. I know there are aftermarket canopies out there that cost less but I would like to hear peoples opinions and perhaps share some pictures of Kubota's canopies. My concerns are
3. I was told the sunshade has less structural support. Will this prevent me from (a) mounting aux. lights at the front of the canopy and (b) transporting without bracing the canopy?

i have a factory Kubota fiberglass canopy on my 98 grand L.
It's made by a company called FullVision inc. out of Newton. KS
The drain holes are on the back corners of the canopy.
there is a primer coat and then the color is painted on but i have to day that it is a super tough coating
The canopy is mounted with 8 screws with rubber/metal washers to 2 3"X3" square metal tubing that are fixed to the top of the ROPS with U bolts.
Very sturdy.
For transporting, Kubota say to do it with the tractor/canopy facing backward on the trailer.
I towed mime quite a few time at speed of about 65mph without any issue

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy #4  
I tried a canopy and that wasn,t that great, i now have a fiberglass and very happy with that.:)

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy #5  

I have a canopy on my L3240 that I bought through my Kubota dealer.I don't know who actually makes it.It is made of moulded plastic.The channels deflect the water but it depends on how the canopy is mounted as to wether it is to the front or back.Also depends on how the terrain is that you are on.The canopy has a metal loop that attaches to a rollbar bracket and supports the canopy.This loop allows you to weld on brackets to mount lights at the front of the canopy.I find mounting lights here to be better than on the rollbar as you don't get the light shining in your peripheral vision.The dealer assured me that he has hauled many tractors with canopies down the highway at speed without ever having a problem.At close to 500 dollars with tax and shipping the canopy was definitely not cheap but I am happy with it.One thing to be aware of is that there is no holes in the canopy or metal loop that it attaches to as it is adaptable to different tractors.This lack of holes definitely increased the time it took me to mount the canopy and get it centered and even.

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy #6  
I tore up my plastic sun screen top hitting limbs. It was on my John Deere 4100 and is now on my BX2660. The top has a 3/4" plywood cover. :laughing:

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy #7  
If the discussion is about a canvas-style canopy then give it a pass. I had one for years and it was always getting snagged on tall bushes and tree limbs. A corner would catch and the frame would spin. The supports would get bent.

The canvas was sewn up so many times that it looked like a patchwork quilt.

However, if you have open country it is far better than baking out in the sun.

The Kubota fiberglass one on the M7040 is strong, tough, but still a bit pliable for hitting those trees and bushes.

The L48 comes with a stock metal canopy over a roll bar. It is not going anywhere but it has sharp corners that tear up a protective tarp is used as a weather covering. Four corner protectors from Truck and Tow fixed that problem.

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy
Thanks, I ended up ordering the fiberglass "deluxe" canopy.

/ Kubota Fiberglass vs. sunshade canopy #9