Loader my loader welds cracked

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / my loader welds cracked #31  
I'd say there is a 90% chance Kubota is going to give you a new loader boom. Somthing was welded wrong. Due to the varying skill levels of dealership welders, its unusual for Kubota to ask anyone to reweld booms.

/ my loader welds cracked #32  
I'd say there is a 90% chance Kubota is going to give you a new loader boom. Somthing was welded wrong. Due to the varying skill levels of dealership welders, its unusual for Kubota to ask anyone to reweld booms.
Normally yes. But I really don't think this is a warranty issue.

/ my loader welds cracked #33  
popcorn1.JPG
Did I miss anything??

Ron

/ my loader welds cracked #34  
He is stuck with the dealer opinion since he is the only one who can see the issue,anything else is speculation. Its really worthless for me to weigh in on if I cannot visually see the issue. I suggest starting a new thread with pictures as the majority of us with any inspection background will be very unlikely to return to this useless thread. Sorry, its the truth.

/ my loader welds cracked #35  
"where's there's smoke there's a fire"

/ my loader welds cracked #36  
I can't say I've understood all of this thread but it sounds like the OP may have bought it used, maybe a 2009 model that's out of warranty and the 4 hours is not the total hours on the machine. If so and Kubota is not going to do anything to resolve this I wouldn't be going to a Kubota dealer or a body shop to repair it. Find a qualified welder who knows exactly what they are doing. Simply removing the paint and welding over the crack is not going to give you a good weld that will last. I can understand wanting to save money but you've spent a lot to buy the tractor so why cheap out now? Also if it breaks again because it wasn't done correctly you are going to end up with a loader that looks like Frankenstein. I know when I was looking at used tractors when I saw weld on top of weld I walked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.