Loader my loader welds cracked

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / my loader welds cracked #1  

case245

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 7040sud
my loader welds cracked at a few places i got the tractor two weeks ago its a kubota 7040su i already contacted my sales rep and sent them pics so now what will happen will they grind out the welds or replace the whole loader i hope i dont have to pay for a new fel

/ my loader welds cracked
my phone wont post pics its a basic phone

/ my loader welds cracked #4  
I'm really surprised, we've used the loaders HARD on all of our tractors without problems.

I am guessing your dealer will want to look at it before deciding on warranty issues, do you have KTAC, sometimes they will pay for damage?

/ my loader welds cracked #5  
If it does need to be ground down/ welded I would say not to have the Kubota dealer do it. I would go to a welding shop. Yeah there might be someone at the shop that welds occasionally but they will charge you dealer labor rates for an inferior job. Go to a welding shop where the guy there welds on a daily basis, is probably certified and will probably have lower labor rates.

Depending on what you were doing and other circumstances, I would say that the dealer should take care of it as a courtesy.

/ my loader welds cracked #6  
Did you buy the tractor new?If so I would want a new loader.From my understanding these loaders are powder coated which is tougher than paint and it will be hard to make a repair that doesn't show.If you bought it used then it is a different story.

/ my loader welds cracked
i have insurance thourgh kubota i put 4 hours on the tractor if i have to pay to fix on the weld that will take 4-5 days to fix 1500 to 2000 in repairs wy should i pay that a defective fel

/ my loader welds cracked #8  
Sounds like defective materials and workmanship to me. At 4 hours, they should replace the loader unless you were trying to move Mount Rushmore.

/ my loader welds cracked #9  
What were you doing when it cracked? I would be looking for a new loader. After all the whole thing was built on the same line at the same time. If there was a glitch in the system that day I don't want it to be my problem.

MarkV

/ my loader welds cracked #10  
i have insurance thourgh kubota i put 4 hours on the tractor if i have to pay to fix on the weld that will take 4-5 days to fix 1500 to 2000 in repairs wy should i pay that a defective fel

Maybe you were using your backhoe wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.