Box blade question...

/ Box blade question... #11  
THis is from the BX2660 manual:

check_chains.jpg

/ Box blade question...
Thanks for the help...I tightened mine up and it seems much better now.

/ Box blade question... #14  
You can also check with the folks at (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) to see what they say.

/ Box blade question... #15  
To bad they don't define tight and loose. Those are pretty subjective terms.
I have the teliscoping checks with pins. There are holes or slots to put the pins in for either tight or loose checks. When I use the holes for a tight check there is still an inch or more of side to side play. When I use the slots for a loose check there is probably what seems like 6 inches of play although I never measured it. But it is really loose.
I just assume that is about right as I don't have any choice.
Hope this helps,

Last edited:
   / Box blade question... #16  
I keep mine tight, thinking of the geometry, any movement left or right will translate to a small up and down rocking at the ends of the blade.

/ Box blade question... #17  
I have the teliscoping checks with pins. There are holes or slots to put the pins in for either tight or loose checks. When I use the holes for a tight check there is still an inch or more of side to side play. When I use the slots for a loose check there is probably what seems like 6 inches of play although I never measured it. But it is really loose.
Hope this helps,

Look under the "Remarks" column in the pic. They said 2.0 - 2.4 in. for the loose setting. I personally run most of my implements with about 2 inches or so of slack,as I have lots of trees to move around. The big exception is I like everything tight when using the rear mounted snow blower. Backing up with precision is much easier for me with less play.

Joe

/ Box blade question... #18  
Hope this helps,

I think you are only supposed to use one of the slotted holes.

/ Box blade question... #19  
Look under the "Remarks" column in the pic. They said 2.0 - 2.4 in. for the loose setting. Joe

Your right. I totally missed that :ashamed:
I was just reading down thru this thread to see how people who had the ability to adjust the slop did it to compare since I have to live with what I got.

94Bullitt, I have never used the slotted holes as I have no ag equipment but it is good to know that if I do I should only use one. Thanks.

/ Box blade question... #20  
Something that I don't understand about check chains in general:
The attachment point of the check chain or whatever is usually not in line with the front pivot on the lift arms. This means that the chains will get tighter or looser when the implement is raised. Sometimes the attachment point is lower than the front pivot which will cause the chains to tighten when the implement is lifted. If they are already tight when the implement is in lowered position--will they prevent the implement from raising all the way up? If they are a little loose when the implement is lowered--will they tighten when the implement is raised to prevent side sway when turning the tractor?