Box blade question...

/ Box blade question... #21  
Something that I don't understand about check chains in general:
The attachment point of the check chain or whatever is usually not in line with the front pivot on the lift arms. This means that the chains will get tighter or looser when the implement is raised. Sometimes the attachment point is lower than the front pivot which will cause the chains to tighten when the implement is lifted. If they are already tight when the implement is in lowered position--will they prevent the implement from raising all the way up? If they are a little loose when the implement is lowered--will they tighten when the implement is raised to prevent side sway when turning the tractor?

The check chains mount to a bracket that rotates on the same shaft as the front pivots on the 3-point arms, so the chains do no tighten or bind as the 3-point is raised and lowered.

/ Box blade question... #22  
I'm sure that is true on some tractors and that's the way it seems it should be. I don't recall ever seeing a setup like that but then again there are a lot of tractors I haven't seen.

Edit: "I stand corrected" or however it goes. I took another look at my Kubota B9200 and the pivots are in line. Not so on my Allis 720, however.

The check chains mount to a bracket that rotates on the same shaft as the front pivots on the 3-point arms, so the chains do no tighten or bind as the 3-point is raised and lowered.

/ Box blade question...
I tightened it up and used it several more times and honestly can`t tell and difference , but it seems more secure.:2cents:

/ Box blade question... #24  
It seems to me that the only likely reason for having slop in the setup is to provide some modest flexion when the box scraper hits a stump or an immovable rock. I can稚 believe that this can be important, as neither the driver nor the tractor can react quickly enough to take advantage of the flexion. To me, the important issue is the amount of play when the box scraper is NOT in use: I live in very hilly country, and I don稚 want the box scraper rapidly shifting position when I am going cross slope at an angle that energizes the pucker meter. I like my setup hand-turn tight. Just my own thoughts.