L45 200 Hour Maintenance

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance
Unfortunately so . . . You may not have to drain the entire 12.2 gallons but they're mounted just low enough (gravity-wise) to where it becomes ooze city if you try to spin them off without lowering the fluid level. I didn't have enough containers to experiment how much. When it got to one gallon, I stopped.

I guess it really doesn't matter. The filter change interval is the same as the fluid change interval now.

I am now officially terrified of the 400 hour service cost. This HST+ will clearly be MUCH more expensive to operate than my GST L39 was.

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #12  
For $175 delivered, I got 1.) air, 2.) fuel, 3.)oil, 4.) portside HST 5/6.) Starboard HST filters, all in an attractive Kubota L-Series box off Ebay, by a Kubota dealer in OK, who was smart enough to discount it.

5 gallons of our SuperUDT2 is about $106, best purchased from the local dealer, so yes it will run about $500. But in 200 more machine hours, you'll be rich! LOL!

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #13  
I have the L45 and have changed filters with out dumping all the fluid. Was not a problem at all. Just did the 400hr service where it was time to dump the fluid. Just be sure to have enough containers ready, it comes out fast.

I think I might send the fluid out to Blackstone Labs for analysis before I go dumping $250 worth of hydraulic fluid. There might be a strong chance the fluid is still good and changing the filters is all that is necessary.

My L45 doesn't make me money. It just saves my back.

ac

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #15  
I think I might send the fluid out to Blackstone Labs for analysis before I go dumping $250 worth of hydraulic fluid. There might be a strong chance the fluid is still good and changing the filters is all that is necessary.

FYI - I use the generic Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Oil sold at Sam's Club in my L4200 - UDT compatible (10W20) - I didn't notice any performance difference when I changed out the Kubota SUDT, other than taking off a little slower for a few minutes when it is really cold. Works just fine and is $42 for a 5 gallon bucket (you'll need 2). That's actually a lot - it was $33/5gal a couple of years ago when I bought it the last time.

Certified 10W20 Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid - 35 LB Bucket - Sam's Club

JayC

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #16  
If you guys think the Kubota oil is high try buying some for a Cub Cadet. I think it is $12 or $13 a quart but it is lifetime so you just need some to top off after you change the filter.

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #17  
Lifetime oil?? It never gets dirty:)

Now if they only made lifetime underwear lol

/ L45 200 Hour Maintenance #18  
I just had the 50 hr. service on my L45 done by my dealer and the service manager mentioned that Hydraulic oil NEVER needs to be replaced.

Lifetime oil?? It never gets dirty:)

Now if they only made lifetime underwear lol

Dirt is not the reason you change the filter. The system is essentially sealed. No combustion by products, no dirt infiltration.

Shearing, temperature cycles and wear contamination is why the fluid needs to be changed.

ac

I just had the 50 hr. service on my L45 done by my dealer and the service manager mentioned that Hydraulic oil NEVER needs to be replaced.

Can you do us a favor and ask your dealer to cite his reference from Kubota that substantiates that? I believe it, but I would prefer to see it in writing.

ac