M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat?

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat?
Yeah my tractor is a 2013 M7040HD hydraulic shuttle 4x4 with a FEL, with cast iron centers on the rear wheels, front weight bracket, open station with canopy, canopy lights and an overhead stereo.

image.jpg
This is a bad pic but its the last one I have taken after a day of bush hogging

I made the adjustments the dealer told me to so I will run it some and see if it makes a difference

Has anyone with a hydraulic shuttle transmission noticed if the hydraulic oil bubbles while the tractor is running if you take the cap off and look in the fill hole?

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #35  
Has anyone with a hydraulic shuttle transmission noticed if the hydraulic oil bubbles while the tractor is running if you take the cap off and look in the fill hole?

I can look tomorrow at my neighbors. Does it have to be warm or is cold OK?
Again, with any issue like this, ASK the dealer and document the contact in some form. Your issue sounds simple , and I have never heard of a problem but you never know. You are in the warranty period, it's the dealer's job to provide follow-up service regarding those issues and you paid for that service.

edit--those two issues--the hissing and the bubbles must be connected in some way.

Last edited:
I noticed mine doing it yesterday evening after it had been idling about 10 minuets or so

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #37  
I haven't looked but I will today. Mine seems to alternatingly(sp) making a whining sound that I think is coming from the hyd reverser. The sound reminds me of the same type sound a hydrostatic trans makes.

That sounds like what I'm hearing, I kinda think its coming from the metal line that runs in under the rear remote

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #39  
It was pretty dark but I didn't see any bubbles. Now what?

I'm not sure to be honest