M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat?

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #51  
thats not the norm my 7040su mech shuddle has no noise like that it has 85 hours on it

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat?
I have a 2010 7040 with the mechanical shuttle transmission. My tractor will make a similar noise from that valve region when it's warm (hissing/ slightly buzzing sound). I have a couple hundred hours or so on it and no problems. I believe it's just the fluid running through the system, perhaps running over a rough edge of a fitting or something.

Yeah that may very well be what it is, kinda seems like it common with orange paint lol

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #53  
Here's another thought--are your hydraulic levers centered? These are the lever(s) that would raise or lower an external cylinder. The levers may well be centered but they must also be centered where the valves come out of the trans under the seat. If one of them were not returning to it's central position, that would make a hissing or straining sound. Just a thought.

That's a good point, I will check it out and see what it looks like

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #55  
That's a good point, I will check it out and see what it looks like

I mention that because I had mine not return to center last year. The levers on the top did but underneath the little pistons did not go back to neutral and I had a little "straining" sound. I had my valve body under the seat replaced under warranty. One of the confirming symptoms was the levers were harder than normal to operate and in looking around noticed teh lack of return to center.

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #56  
Did this have a happy ending? Is the hiss gone?

Did this have a happy ending? Is the hiss gone?

I talked to my dealer and a few other people with hydraulic shuttles and they say its normal so I'm just doing the old R&W method (run it and watch it) lol

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #58  
Good to hear. Trust, but verify.

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #59  
I talked to my dealer and a few other people with hydraulic shuttles and they say its normal so I'm just doing the old R&W method (run it and watch it) lol

What size mower you running in your picture?

It is a 15 foot woods bush hog that I put a good thick coat of Kubota orange on.