BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
The BX's are defiantly fun. I like you claw and it has me thinking. I flipped the bucket around on my backhoe so it point forwards and have been using it to lift massive water lilies out of the pond.

Did you make a quick change for the backhoe ?

Now that I see the potential in these BX's I'll be doing many more additions to it. The claw is the handiest part of the mods so far. I'd like to adapt that concept to a root shear and in a QC adaptation. Right now we're in the eye of the hurricane when it comes to work load in the shop so it looks like anything else that gets developed for the BX will be late fall or winter. Right now we're doing our day job and our evening work is with the BX. There's sooooo much to do but want to get it all done before the warm weather gets here. We're getting a contractor to come in and put up a 14X20 shed to put the BX in. We're keeping it so we may as well make it comfortable ;)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #472  

Now that I see the potential in these BX's I'll be doing many more additions to it. ;)

Paul, *we* all knew you weren't done, but we just couldn't convince you. Had to let your rear end do it. We'll be watching and waiting. :thumbsup:

Paul, *we* all knew you weren't done, but we just couldn't convince you. Had to let your rear end do it. We'll be watching and waiting. :thumbsup:

The only thing I'm going to cease doing are the write ups and the photo's. The mods and adaptations will continue. I just won't be posting them. I'll still post on others threads though. Lately I haven't had any extra time to do that. It's going to be soooooo nice just to concentrate on the job at hand and not the internet stuff.:thumbsup:

I'm involved in to many forums from Motorcycle,welding,Tractor,restorations. Wifey said I'm averaging 2.5 hours a day posting and then there's the PM's and emails. We get at least two calls a week from site members from the USA and Canada wanting to talk tractors and the like which is very complementary but it takes up a lot of time. It's equally great when folks like yourself show interest in what I do. I love doing all these postings but it don't bring in any funds doing it so It's time to go and make a living in the shop. :(

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #474  
I love doing all these postings but it don't bring in any funds doing it so It's time to go and make a living in the shop. :(

Maybe we need to start a "4shorts TBN" fund so that we can all chip in and continue to see pics and writeups of your mods! :)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #475  
This is not a BX 25 mod but instead a question on attachments. However, this has more BX 25 owners attention I have a BX 25 (pre "D") and the specs read that the upper lifting limit of the three point hitch is 670 lbs. I am looking at a 36" wide turf plugger and it weighs 650lbs. so the question is this too much to expect the BX 25 to lift and transport for short distances? Most of the time it will be on the ground doing its job. Yes, I will keep the front loader on for counter weight. Thanks for the comments in advance.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #476  
This is not a BX 25 mod but instead a question on attachments. However, this has more BX 25 owners attention I have a BX 25 (pre "D") and the specs read that the upper lifting limit of the three point hitch is 670 lbs. I am looking at a 36" wide turf plugger and it weighs 650lbs. so the question is this too much to expect the BX 25 to lift and transport for short distances? Most of the time it will be on the ground doing its job. Yes, I will keep the front loader on for counter weight. Thanks for the comments in advance.

you'll have no issues

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #477  

It will lift it no problem. You will need your loader on or weights on the front to hold the front down.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #478  

Just so you know, the lift rating of 670 lbs is measured 2 feet back from the lift eyes, so if your plugger's COG is closer in that 2 feet, and I would guess it is, your BX25 will lift it even if it weighed a bit more than 670 lbs.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #479  

Deleted - double post

Hey guys. Got a one hour break from the work today so I just did another mod. 75% Kubota and 25% me. I'll post in an hour :D