Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota bx2660 loader mmm back blade woods rotary cutter

Default Re: BX Tie-Rod boot ripped

I have been through three already in a year and a half. The dealer replaced the first two under warranty. How big of a deal is it to change them out? I was just wondering how long I could go with it ripped.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro71 View Post
    How big of a deal is it to change them out? I was just wondering how long I could go with it ripped.
    I went for years with mine torn. Finally changed them when I had the front axle pivot leaking. easy change out, then set toe-in.
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor
    Kubota B-series & Mini Excavator

Quote Originally Posted by rich bx View Post
    Thanks, Just ordered two, lets see what I get..
    Hey Rich bx, what happened with the boots, do they fit?
    Kubota B2710. Home-made 5x4 foot brush fork with quick-release stick rakes at front, 4-foot field mower, Massey Ferguson #31 sickle mower. I use it for landscaping, scrape up logging slash, feed a small sawmill, take out bushes, dig waterbars, fix the road, mow snowboard runs, screw around.

Tractor
    BX25

Guys you can order them at messicks, their 12.00 bucks if i remember right. I just did this about a month ago. Just the boots,part number in the diagrams.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Sodo View Post
    kubota ONLY sells the whole ball joint end for $47 ( Kubota part K2561-01630 )

Hey oldtommyboy, partnumber is NOT in the diagrams. This is a years-old problem and you could be the hero. Do you have your invoice..... with the partnumber? And please confirm this is for the Kubota BX.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sodo; 10-27-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    Kubota B2710. Home-made 5x4 foot brush fork with quick-release stick rakes at front, 4-foot field mower, Massey Ferguson #31 sickle mower. I use it for landscaping, scrape up logging slash, feed a small sawmill, take out bushes, dig waterbars, fix the road, mow snowboard runs, screw around.

Tractor
    BX25

yep, bx25 here,part no is k1253-01660,called inner boot, 11.34 is the price.
    I got the part number from messicks on line diagram.
    There here at the house,didnt have time yet to put them on. ha ha
    total price was 22.68 for both.

Tractor
    BX25

yep, bx25 here,part no is k1253-01660,called inner boot, 11.34 is the price.
    I got the part number from bota's web site in the steering linkage diagram, no 075
    There here at the house,didnt have time yet to put them on. ha ha
    total price was 22.68 for both.

Tractor
    BX25

hmmm, no responce,is this not what your looking for ?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by oldtommyboy View Post
    hmmm, no responce,is this not what your looking for ?
    Oldtommy, this is great. The **only** thing better is if you were to confirm that they are an exact replacement boot! Can you post a pic holding it up next to the original? I think members would like that.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I have been reading this thread & not to hijack it but what I did for my BX24 when the boots got torn from brush, was I ordered two universal tie rod boots part #40193, also uses Massey part# 1885486M1. These boots sell for about $3 to $4 at most tractor supplies, online, & EBAY. TSC has these boots in a kit, but you have to buy 6 boots, 4 of which are not compatible & the kit is $20. Note these boots are not an exact replacement but the difference is so slight it is hard to see. They fit my BX24 perfectly & I was able to reuse the original metal retaining rings. Then so as not to have to do this again I used TECHMANç—´ idea of using a piece of 2 1/2in. nylon hydraulic hose covering held on with tie wraps to cover the boots. The nylon cover material can be purchased at any hydraulic hose place by the foot. Mine was about $8 for a 1 ft. piece. I used a heat gun to seal the ends to stop fraying & a soldering iron to punch holes for the tie wraps.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast