Grapple for the Kubota BX25-D

/ Grapple for the Kubota BX25-D #11  
I told my wife what your wife did. She said,"Isn't he lucky. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..." So I'm thinking there won't be a grapple in my near future. :( Or far future, for that matter.

/ Grapple for the Kubota BX25-D
Nice addition to your "Swiss army tractor". Any chance we could get some pictures of the third function kit installed?

Sure thing. He's a photo. Thanks.

very nice.

i've been reading about this one a bit HERE, but you might just be the first TBN member to have one!

I'm the first one in Newfoundland to buy one, I know that for sure. The install wasn't bad either. I'll have a full install on YouTube this evening on it but be warned, the video is 40 minutes long :shocked: There were inconsistencies on the instructions.

Just thinking, What did you get her?

I got her a really cool printer for when she does MY graphics :laughing:

156#.

Here is the documentation from LandPride on it:

Yup, it's 25 lbs more than the OEM bucket.

you will love it i'm sure.
I am surprised you let someone else work on your tractor, they must really be good. ;-)
Now your next project is a better brush guard, don't wait until after a branch "almost" takes out the radiator like I did.

It's great. I actually crushed a wooden pallet with it yesterday. Oh no. I installed it. Have had way to many issues with dealer installed stuff :mad:
The rad on the BX is up by the dash and not out in the front. By the time that branch gets to my rad I got more than rad problems :laughing:

Grapple's are fun & Land Pride makes Great equipment.

You got that right :thumbsup:

Umm, She's a keeper!

Oh ya :thumbsup:

So true....

Congratulations on the grapple, a solid addition!

Thanks!

Looks good Paul, What is the weight of the grapple?

Thanks man. Ya it's 25 lbs more than the bucket.

I told my wife what your wife did. She said,"Isn't he lucky. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..." So I'm thinking there won't be a grapple in my near future. :( Or far future, for that matter.

:laughing: cool. Got a good chuckle out of your post. Now when it comes to wifey I think there's something up. She's usually the one who has to pick up all the branches when I cut a tree down so I'm thinking this grapple is self serving by meaning less work for her :confused3: :laughing:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 355
Heres a photo of the 3rd function control. Take a good look at it and let me ask you. Is it worth $478. plus freight? :shocked:

The whole 3rd kit cost $628. and the dealer wants that much for the button control alone :thumbdown:

I'm adding a hydraulic thumb to the BX and thought the extra control would be nice but not for that price :confused2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 339
   / Grapple for the Kubota BX25-D #14  
So last week wifey and I are sitting at breakfast and she says " what am I going to get you for Valentines Day". I'm thinking to myself as I'm looking at Land Prides new grapple on the iPad that this is to easy lol so I replied " get me one of these grapples and a 3rd function kits for the BX".

A few hours later she comes out to the shop and says " They got it all in stock" so she bought it for me. Looks like I'm the first one in Newfoundland to have it. Dealer haven't installed one yet.

I took the day and got it all installed and it's a nice unit. I've always liked the Land Pride quality.

Oh baby.. thats perfect, I'm asking my wife for one tonight, :licking: Oh wait, she gave me a box of malted milk balls.

/ Grapple for the Kubota BX25-D #15  
So last week wifey and I are sitting at breakfast and she says " what am I going to get you for Valentines Day". I'm thinking to myself as I'm looking at Land Prides new grapple on the iPad that this is to easy lol so I replied " get me one of these grapples and a 3rd function kits for the BX".

A few hours later she comes out to the shop and says " They got it all in stock" so she bought it for me. Looks like I'm the first one in Newfoundland to have it. Dealer haven't installed one yet.

I took the day and got it all installed and it's a nice unit. I've always liked the Land Pride quality.

OOPS guess when you said the dealer hasn't installed one yet i took that as he was doing yours, I don't let other people work on my stuff either.

Oh baby.. thats perfect, I'm asking my wife for one tonight, :licking: Oh wait, she gave me a box of malted milk balls.

Well I guess it's safe to say she's not going to spoil you :laughing:

OOPS guess when you said the dealer hasn't installed one yet i took that as he was doing yours, I don't let other people work on my stuff either.

The only way they'd see our machines was due to a high end warranty item that needed to be repaired. :rolleyes:

/ Grapple for the Kubota BX25-D #17  
I'm glad to hear your going to make and install a thumb for the Bx25D, I know you'll do a top notch job and make it look factory:thumbsup:
Not that I want to put any pressure on you, but I would expect a lot of people will be interested in seeing the finished product.
I think you and your wife will really enjoy the thumb and the grapple.
Keep in mind a Bx thumb kit would sell like hot cakes, hmm... do hot cakes sell well in Newfoundland :) anyway people will want the THUMB kit by4shorts:thumbsup:
and I'm going to say, I told you so...

/ Grapple for the Kubota BX25-D #18  
Very nice grapple!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear your going to make and install a thumb for the Bx25D, I know you'll do a top notch job and make it look factory:thumbsup:
Not that I want to put any pressure on you, but I would expect a lot of people will be interested in seeing the finished product.
I think you and your wife will really enjoy the thumb and the grapple.
Keep in mind a Bx thumb kit would sell like hot cakes, hmm... do hot cakes sell well in Newfoundland :) anyway people will want the THUMB kit by4shorts:thumbsup:
and I'm going to say, I told you so...

Oh man now your putting the pressure on me :laughing: not sure if I can live up to your expectations though :eek:

Got a good start on the hydraulic thumb today. Had to heavy modify a cylinder but I like the way it's going. It's going to be soooo nice not to have to get off the machine to adjust the mechanical thumb. I do realize it's only a small tractor but I like the thing and want it to be right.
I'm uploading part #1 of the mod on YouTube now and it should be up in a few hours. I attached a sneak peak of what's done so far on the thumb.
Thanks for the encouragement buddy ;)

Very nice grapple!!!!!!

Thanks Papa :thumbsup:

/ Grapple for the Kubota BX25-D #20  
Nice grapple. I am sure the thumb will turn out amazing like everything else you make. How many hours have you put on this tractor?