A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #11  
So, as I am admiring your pictures which appear to be in chronological order, I see your wife standing in the hole followed by the same hole partially filled in.....no wife. Tell me that she is OK, otherwise you should delete this thread ASAP! :laughing:

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #12  
You may want to consider removing the mower deck when doing backhoe work.
My BX24 operators manual states on page 47 "do not attach nor operate the mower with the backhoe attachment still in place"
I can see it would be cumbersome, probably dangerous, to mow with the hoe & loader attached, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 3pt hitch (and mid lift) should not be operated when the hydraulics are connected to the backhoe.
Anyone else heard that ?

Congrats on the new toy/tool, Cherokee. These machines are amazing.

Pete

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #13  
When I got my B26, I had trouble with the stab pad slipping when I put a lot of pressure on the BH. I had some old 1/2' thick plate so I welded two strips about 1" high on each pad so they are 90 degrees to the angle of digging. This helped 1000% to prevent the stabilizer from sliding when I dig. Sometimes I still need to dump my FEL bucket full tilt and set the cutting edge into the dirt to hold the tractor from moving back when I dig in some of my hard clay and when the stabs are in muddy area.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #14  
The BX25D is really a sweetheart of a little tractor for around the house. Powerful, gets in tight corners and strong as an ox. These really are a great tractor and great for the $$.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D
So, as I am admiring your pictures which appear to be in chronological order, I see your wife standing in the hole followed by the same hole partially filled in.....no wife. Tell me that she is OK, otherwise you should delete this thread ASAP! :laughing:

What wife... ;)

I am kidding....any woman that would climb under a 40 year old race car just to help me out is a keeper.

IMG_8344.jpg

Last edited:
   / A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #16  
Cherokee, what kind of car is that? It almost looks like a 356 in Gulf racing colors.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #17  
My BX24 operators manual states on page 47 "do not attach nor operate the mower with the backhoe attachment still in place"
I can see it would be cumbersome, probably dangerous, to mow with the hoe & loader attached, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 3pt hitch (and mid lift) should not be operated when the hydraulics are connected to the backhoe.
Anyone else heard that ?

Congrats on the new toy/tool, Cherokee. These machines are amazing.

Pete

I hadn't heard that, not sure why that would be. I rarely take my MMM off all summer long, but I do lock it in "Top" position when I'm not mowing. If I was using my BX for loader or BH work in some area where the MMM was interfering or getting banged about or something, then I would.

However, I don't mow with either of them mounted. That would just be too unwieldy for me, and the loader and BH come off so easily.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #18  
Actually, now that I think about it, I can understand the 3pt part. You wouldn't want it on and the BH at the same time, if it's even possible to fit. But the mower certainly will go up and down.

Cherokee, what kind of car is that? It almost looks like a 356 in Gulf racing colors.

1972 Opel GT....and I did have it done up in gulf colors. This is the only net pic I can find, this was during the build. Started as a total rust bucket....as in total, if you opened up both doors you could not close them again as the car would sag in the middle. Then it was a SCCA Improved Touring car, then finally a F-Prod car. If I could remember my website I have more photos over there.

14705log_book_pic1.jpg

Another day in the life of Kubota....I still don't have a name for her....she is getting upset about that. Yesterday nice and outside in a t-shirt 70+F outside....last night snow, and thunderstorms....(yes both) this morning 33f. Gotta love Missouri....do I really have to?

I dug up some roots from black locust trees. If you know about these rotten trees you know they have thorns that are long enough to kill people with, Roots that stay very close to the top that put up baby trees every so often, they grow very fast, and the wood is pretty darn hard. They are actually a perfect tree if not for those thorns, Very hard wood almost like hedge and growing very fast.

Anyway I took up some roots where we had trimmed the trees back but I did not want to put my chain saw into the dirt....so it left little root/stumps. Cool part is when you hook the root complex and go to lift it up....up comes half the yard as a good chunk of the root system comes with it. I cut some of it with the teeth on the back how but could not cut the other half as it would just mush into the dirt or wiggle out from the side....so I had to get out the hatchet to get part of the roots up.

Then I started taking down my old pistol range. The RR ties that form the back stop...or what is left of it I started to take down. Played with the grapple really for what I bought it for and was surprised it would pick up two RR ties at once. First time I did it I was not sure I had two, but I got them. I did in about an hour what it took two people days to do with a boom and the 8n. I am still pretty impressed with how powerful the little machine is. I also tried to clear some ground with both the bucket and the grapple and I have come to the decision that I want one of those ratchet rake things. The little saplings car coming up from areas we already cleared and I am thinking the ratchet rake will rip those out of the ground along the old fence line. It will also be handy for ripping poison ivy off the sides of the trees.

Any on to the photos and a quick movie. As I can only do one movie per post you can find the other on my youtube page...I tried to put the roots on the tractor so you can get an idea of the size..

0311141647_zpsdf1c2455.jpg
0311141552_zpsb8a4ab1b.jpg
0311141524a_zps65c29439.jpg