A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D
A few things I have noticed in running the tractor. I hate....HATE....the roll bar. It snags trees and then they hit me.

Two...in the movies you can hear the tractors pump running. It always makes this noise....is this normal?

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #22  
Cherokee,
That grapple is the bomb. Regarding the old railroad ties, I think I see a bonfire in someon's future.
If I were redoing the backstop. I would be doing two walls of ties about 4 ft a part, filling the space between em with dirt.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #23  
A few things I have noticed in running the tractor. I hate....HATE....the roll bar. It snags trees and then they hit me.

Two...in the movies you can hear the tractors pump running. It always makes this noise....is this normal?

First -- the roll bar - I understand, The first year I had my BX, I took top half off mine. When I got the chance,I trimmed ALL trees so I can drive under it with full rops up.
Second, I beleive the noise you are hearing is the whine vibration from the ROPS. Fill it with expanding foam and the ringing from HST whine will go away.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #24  
Nice reviews! Keep 'em coming!

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #25  
One thing to remember, when transporting loads, always have the load at the minimum distance from the ground that will provide clearance. When you transport the load up high you run the risk of overturning the tractor if one wheel falls in a hole or runs over a rock because your center of gravity is now much higher off of the ground. I make it a habit to try and not have the bucket/grapple any higher than the hood of the tractor if at all possible. You will thank me for this advice later if you have a near upset. If you do upset your tractor, you will remember this advice as you carefully examine the bottom side of your tractor.:)

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #26  
Great advice on the foam in the ROPS!

I hate these posts! Now I'm REALLY thinking about a BX25D. On two acres, it's probably a waste, but I keep telling myself I have 200 feet of trench to dig, several stumps to dig, more stumps to dig as pines die off, new trees to plant, a drainage way to dig in, sidewalk to remove, and then what? A weight to hold my barn slab down? Hmmm. What else?

One thing to remember, when transporting loads, always have the load at the minimum distance from the ground that will provide clearance. When you transport the load up high you run the risk of overturning the tractor if one wheel falls in a hole or runs over a rock because your center of gravity is now much higher off of the ground. I make it a habit to try and not have the bucket/grapple any higher than the hood of the tractor if at all possible. You will thank me for this advice later if you have a near upset. If you do upset your tractor, you will remember this advice as you carefully examine the bottom side of your tractor.:)

Thanks....I am learning.

Great advice on the foam in the ROPS!

I hate these posts! Now I'm REALLY thinking about a BX25D. On two acres, it's probably a waste, but I keep telling myself I have 200 feet of trench to dig, several stumps to dig, more stumps to dig as pines die off, new trees to plant, a drainage way to dig in, sidewalk to remove, and then what? A weight to hold my barn slab down? Hmmm. What else?

My plans are to keep this on going....so that people along the line can see at least what I am doing with the machine from day one. I have a ton of stuff I want to do I think it will be fun keeping it all in here. I was going to do a blog but I wanted this to be a learning experience for myself as well.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #29  
It is interesting to see how much that new grapple can pick up, and the different ways it can be used. That particular grapple is new on the market and a lot of folks will probably be interested in its capability's. I saw it easily picked up 2 RR ties, do you think it could pick up 3 if you could get them fitted in the jaws?

Obviously it would pick up as much brush as you could "bite into". Keep at it, work safe, have fun, stay young, and drink Pepsi! :)

I think it could do three...there seems to be quite a bit of bite force on the grapple.