Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #21  
I agree with Tom, a very usefull product. Kubota should ship a set of Larry's rollers with every deck. I've had my rollers for a week and it sure is nice to not be tripping over the deck like I did all of last winter. So far there is no grease leaking from the vent as reported by other members.

John

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #22  
I have been watching the auctions and it seems that Larry has reduced the price on the "reserve" by about $10.00.
drcollie is the high bidder on a set at $61.00 and the reserve has been met. Guess that it is more expensive to be the first guy at the red light, but to me they are still worth every penny that I spent on them. I have also noticed that he offers a larger 5" wheel for another color machine. I think that he should offer the larger wheels as an upgrade on the wheel sets for the Orange version. I will suggest this in my next e mail to him.... to the auction.....

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #23  
Junkman....I just bought a set of axles from Larry for my BX2200 too...haven't put em on yet but from all of the posts read so far I'm sure that they will make storing and servicing the deck much easier. FYI in Larry's advertisment he indicates that the 3" wheels are much more stable (lower center of gravity) than the .5" wheels for the BX axles. ROSEY

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position
Junkman,

You know after using the axles to set up the deck to clean, power wash, and paint the deck today, I can not see how I did those tasks without the axles before. Guess you do not miss something if you do not have it.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would think he is trying to figure what price to charge, went high route no takers, now lowering the price to see what moves the most units. I would think he has $20-25 in parts?? plus his time.

Art you should see if you can make a deal with him to sell a few units.

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #25  
I think that he also has spent a ton of money in the research and patent process. Personally, I wouldn't have even tried for a patent, because the unit sales will be so small and what is the chance that someone else is going to try to sell them. Even if they do start to market them, you still have to spend money to go to court to enforce your patent and that in itself is very expensive. The machining and the plating are where the costs are.... I am working on an item for the BX and will consider marketing it in the future, but I know that many people here will also copy the idea and make it for themselves. I don't mind in the least bit, because it is the way of most of the tractor ideas.... one person makes the original and then a whole lot of people copy it.

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #26  
Ho Boy! Just got my axles today and they are WAY NICE. Much more than I expected. Guys, there is no way you want to muck around makng these yourself when for $ 69.95 you can have them shipped to your house from Larry.

Went on like butter and the deck is hugely stable in the upright position. Rolls around like a breeze and this is going to make changing blades a hundred times easier.

RECOMMENDED!

-Duane C.

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #27  
Agreed! I just got my set yesterday as well and they are very well made. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #28  
I like this way of storing the mower. i think he could
make it even better if he came up with a way to store
the rollers that you take off. may a spring clip or
collar to rest them in . just an idea
lou

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #30  
Have the better half look for a cloth shopping bag with handles and put the rolls and shaft in the bag and hook the handles over the center wheel assembly. I was thinking of including with the axles but couldn't find any and I would have to get more money.
Thanks to every one that has bought my axles,I think they are great. I talked to a company enginer and he didn't think management would go for it because of the added cost
moweraxle