Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #11  
Normally I don't respond to a post twice - don't want to sound like I am arguing the point. I tried to respond to your original request for a 'cheaper' method. I thought I did. I was surprised, and challenged, at your response. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Using your negative comment on pipe, I just checked a 3/4" galv water pipe, and the od is 1" so it would work well for an "axle". I think even a 7/8" diam 'axle' would work just fine also, and not allow the mmm to tip over. Diameter is not going to be 'critical'.

So, do as you wish. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position
Juckman,

Thanks for the info on the E-Bay option, I won it for $69.99, have a set of axles coming on Monday /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks

An update....

I received the axles and wheels today from Larry. Well worth the $$, very well designed and constructed. I placed the order on Sunday night, Larry processed the order, sent me an e-mail with a UPS tracking number and I got it today. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Larry did a great job packaging the stuff so it arrived to my house with no problems. All I have to do is take the deck off, clean, grease, and paint the bottom and I will ready to go. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifThe deck will take up a lot less space and I will not be tripping over it all winter long. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #14  
I leaned my MMM up against the side of the garage and all of the oil leaked out of the check value during the winter!

Dave,

Thanks for the info, will have to add to check the oil to the list of things to check before puttng the MMM back on in the spring. A few oz of oil vs not tripping over it, is worth it to me. Anyone have the same problem will oil leaking out of your 60 inch MMM?

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #16  
Mine has been sitting on the edge for a little better than 2 weeks now and no leaks...... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #17  
<font color="blue"> Anyone have the same problem will oil leaking out of your 60 inch MMM? </font>

I put a big glob of RTV over the gearbox vent to keep it from leaking before standing the mower up for winter storage - then just peel it off in the spring.

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #18  
I just got my mower axles today. I had the same good experience as NY Yankee Fan. Larry provides a quality product and fast delivery. Had my axles installed in five minutes and they fit perfectly.

It sure is nice to have the mower standing on end rather than lying flat on the floor.

John

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #19  
I like the axles, but don't really need to be able to move the deck when vertical. I also wanted to look under it today for the first time. I put a block of wood under the left corner of the deck and put that guide roller in upside down. I did it with the rollers oriented as used to get the deck out from under the tractor. Then I carefully stood it up. Very stable. If I go this way for the winter, I will hook the top to the wall. The axle kit also comes with parts to do that. I plan to move the deck to the storage part of my outbuilding using the loader. First I have to work over the blades. The left two are ugly /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

WOW was it easy to work on the MMM with the shaft and wheels installed. I was able to lift the deck up and move the deck with ease and pressure wash the underside with no problem. Very easy to install and use. This is a great product, can not believe Kubota does not sell something like this. Should be standard equipment for servicing a deck. Will make storage a lot easier, well worth the $70.