Kubota HST safety switch problem

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #1  

Rut1014

Tractor
Kubota L3200
2011 Kubota L3200 HST. I've been rocking the foot pedal back and forth to get it to start for a little while. Today I guess the switch finally quit and left me stranded in the field. I found the safety switch on the clutch and tested it with ohm meter. It tested fine. My question is there a safety switch on the accelerator pedal some where? Please help me find it. Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #2  
Let me google that for you.:D Actually looked it up on the Kubota website under parts. complete parts lists are available with diagrams there.

Looks to be on the top right side of the hydrostat transmission on a bracket there.

L3200 HST nuetral safety switch.JPG

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #3  
Welcome to TBN...good first post, but sorry for the problem...not having your exact tractor, I simply must answer as if I were having your problem on my tractor...likely, yours has many, if not all, of the same safety interlock switches.

to start my tractor, I fully depress the clutch, turn the switch and watch the glow plug light. When it goes out, I fully turn the switch and tractor starts IF:

seat switch is engaged
PTO is off
HST is NOT in cruse control

Note that I do not need to work the HST pedal. I actually forget what happens if I first depress the HST pedal then try to start the tractor. I just don't recall if there is an interlock on the pedal.

I'd verify that the interlock switches for clutch, pto, cruse control, seat are all adjusted properly and making contact as necessary. It is also possible, although I have not heard of a case, that the key switch itself might be faulty.

Hope you figure it out...the schematic hint that k0ua provided should be helpful. sounds like you know how to use a VOM and read a schematic....

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #4  
2011 Kubota L3200 HST. I've been rocking the foot pedal back and forth to get it to start for a little while. Today I guess the switch finally quit and left me stranded in the field. I found the safety switch on the clutch and tested it with ohm meter. It tested fine. My question is there a safety switch on the accelerator pedal some where? Please help me find it. Thanks in advance.

I had almost the same issue. I have an L3800 w/ HST. Found the fwd/reverse peddle was binding. Greased it and has worked better so far ( 2 weeks).

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #5  
Had same issue B21. Switch sticking. At 100 hrs. Located same place as yours I think, impossible to get to without disassembling much of tractor. So jumpered the wire. Works fine now.

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #6  
Great first post, :thumbsup::welcome:

Greased? So is there a zerk I haven't found?? Or did you just put grease on it??

I had almost the same issue. I have an L3800 w/ HST. Found the fwd/reverse peddle was binding. Greased it and has worked better so far ( 2 weeks).

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #7  
If it is like the L2800 which according to the diagram it is, then it is adjustable. Go to the left side of the tractor and look up under the dash by the key switch and you will see the safety switch. Then rock the HST pedal while observing the switch and you will get an idea where center is, how it operates, and how to adjust the switch to allow the tractor to start when the HST pedal is slightly off center.The switch itself may have just come loose. It is actually an easy fix.

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem
Thanks guys for all of your information. I was able to find and adjust the switch. I'm now back up and running. This is an awesome site and thanks again for all of your help. :cool2::drink:

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #9  
Thanks guys for all of your information. I was able to find and adjust the switch. I'm now back up and running. This is an awesome site and thanks again for all of your help. :cool2::drink:

Glad you got it going!:thumbsup:

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #10  
Rut, you win a gold star....you actually came back in your 2nd post ever, and let us know that your problem was solved and that we helped....such successes are good to hear, sometimes people never let us know if they got it fixed or how they did it. Letting us know the solution for you may very well help numerous others who find your post and thus never have to do such a post themselves.:thumbsup: