Kubota HST safety switch problem

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #21  
So I've made some progress. The 5 amp fuse for the OPC is blowing. This link B3000 just died for no apparent reason - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota may be of some use for those in the future.

The problem I'm having now is I replace the fuse and the tractor starts right up. But as soon as I push on the HST pedal the fuse blows and it dies. I ran out of 5a fuses so put in a 10a and had the same result. I jumped the seat switch with a short piece of wire to no avail. There's a Kubota dealer just a few miles away so I'm going to get more fuses and see if they have any ideas.

Thanks for your help!

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #22  
So I've made some progress. The 5 amp fuse for the OPC is blowing. This link B3000 just died for no apparent reason - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota may be of some use for those in the future.

The problem I'm having now is I replace the fuse and the tractor starts right up. But as soon as I push on the HST pedal the fuse blows and it dies. I ran out of 5a fuses so put in a 10a and had the same result. I jumped the seat switch with a short piece of wire to no avail. There's a Kubota dealer just a few miles away so I'm going to get more fuses and see if they have any ideas.

Thanks for your help!

Ok, the hydro pedal has a safety switch too. Because you can come up out of your seat as long as the hydro pedal is NOT pressed and the engine won't die, Usually it starts a short timer but then you have to pull up the seat towards the steering wheel. At least that is how my old L3400 hst worked. SO likely you have a connection on the hydro pedal too. Look for possible chaffed wire going to ground? engine runs, push pedal, fuse blows because you have grounded out connection with switch... still need a schematic to confirm what are just guesses at this point. but it wouldn't hurt to examine and find this hst pedal switch and its associated wiring.

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #23  
Thanks James. That's what the guy at the dealership said too. Might be wet or corroded. It's probably the one on the pedal on the right side of the tranny. I took your advice and ordered a workshop manual while I was there.

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #24  
I crawled under and found the pedal switch and pressed the plunger with my thumb. The spring action felt a little crunchy so I cycled it a bunch of times and tried it again. This time all was working and no blown fuse. I got my work done and put the tractor in the garage. Probably a good time to order a new pedal switch...

Thanks for the help

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #25  
I crawled under and found the pedal switch and pressed the plunger with my thumb. The spring action felt a little crunchy so I cycled it a bunch of times and tried it again. This time all was working and no blown fuse. I got my work done and put the tractor in the garage. Probably a good time to order a new pedal switch...

Thanks for the help

yep, crunchy NOT good. Sounds like you found it and a replacement will likely be the cure.

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #26  
So I have a 2007 B26TLB that just quit like someone turned the key off. Tractor will not restart. Seat switch has the plunger pushed in and taped. (Broke off from seat base.) Looked at the pedal switch. Seems like plunger is "in" when in the neutral position of the pedal. Moving pedal either direction allows the plunger to move out. Dealer suggested checking the 5amp fuse. Blown. He also suggested the HST or pedal switch may be going bad. Replaced fuse, tractor started. Worked for afew minutes then quit again. Replaced fuse again and restarted. Try to move and it quit. Dealer closed now. Pulled switch out so I could check contiinuity. Should it have continuity when the plunger is in or out. It has no continuity in either position. Can a wire be inserted to the prongs on the tractor side to run tractor? Yes I realize the potential to move when starting, but it would only be for the weekend. Thanks for the help. Jon

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #27  
You can bypass it like you said ....

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #28  
Thanks, I appreciated the quick response. Will try that tomorrow and see if that quits blowing the 5 amp fuse. By using the wire tells me when the switch plunger is depressed, I should have continiuty. Correct? Jon

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #29  
Yes... When you have the switch out test it .....The 5 amp fuse is for the safety switch circuit , Could be a pinched wire somewhere..

/ Kubota HST safety switch problem #30  
Yes... When you have the switch out test it .....The 5 amp fuse is for the safety switch circuit , Could be a pinched wire somewhere..

Or a defective switch. Jon