Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #1  

meos1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1
I usually like to shorten the service of the first fluids and filters for the first change by half of the recommended amount for NEW equipment. In my mind I am getting the tooling shavings etc out of the system early. So far I have caught some pretty big stuff when I have done this and it certainly does not hurt. The downside it it raises the service costs. Anyone have input on the value in the Kubota to shorten the 50 hour window to 25 hours and then performing the 50 hour service again at 50 hours?

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #2  
If it is going to take you a couple of years to get to 50, then it may be a reasonable ..... otherwise , in my opinion it would be overkill...

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #3  
Agree with kanook

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #4  
Waste of time/materials, and extra oil you need to dispose of.

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #5  
way overkill imho. To make you feel good jack/tilt left side up and clean/check strainer by rear wheel.

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #6  
Why waste oil?

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #7  
I didn't use my SC2450 a lot, 105 hours/3.5 years.
As stated... long periods of non-use changes thing.
I changed both oil and filters three times during the 105 hrs of tractor ownership.

My new tractor has a lot more projects planned, new house, new barn, walls... some brush clearing so the hours should rack up faster but adding a filter change here and there doesn't hurt and is a must in dusty areas.

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #8  
It already seems like service schedules are way too frequent on tractors. If this were a car and they told you to change the oil at 50 hours, assuming you average 45 mph, that would be like driving 2250 miles, or if you drive your car an hour each day back and forth to work, 50 hours would be about 2 months.

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #9  
If you had a vehicle that was only operated for 50 hours every two month, it would be very advantagious to change the oil more often than suggested by the manufacturer.

Low use, more frequent oil/filter changes
High use, regular oil changes.

That simple.

Alternate method, change just the filter more often and add oil as needed.

/ Whats the value of performing the 50hr service at 25hrs #10  
At 50 I would go with Mobil 1 5w40 oil and change filters every 50hours while topping of the oil.