05 m5700 clutch problems

/ 05 m5700 clutch problems #1  

hazer36

Bronze Member
looking at this tractor to buy.only has 1400hrs been used in poultry houses,problem is grinds when shifting gears,can turn tractor off then shift it,also stopped pulling going forward,reverser seems to work ok,next problem 3 pt hitch won't raise,do you think it needs clutch,loader works well:dance1:

/ 05 m5700 clutch problems
which clutch do you think is the problem dry disk or wet?

/ 05 m5700 clutch problems #3  
Does tractor have syncro or hydro shuttle?

I really don't know for sure,never had shuttle shift before,it has a foot clutch pedal and also shift lever on dash:confused:

/ 05 m5700 clutch problems #5  
Do you have to depress clutch pedal to shift shuttle lever? Does shuttle lever have a guard under lever or just the lever? Hyd shuttle has wet clutches & syncro shuttle has a dry clutch. Does clutch pedal have any free travel?

no free travel in pedal,no gaurd around dash lever,no you don;t have to use clutch to use lever on dash but he did with stick shift

/ 05 m5700 clutch problems #7  
With hydraulic shuttle the model number has an H - like M5700HD. Either setup could have a problem that produces the symptoms you're seeing - most likely from abusing the shuttle (high rpm or partial clutch shifts) tractor likely needs to be split to repair.

Last edited:
how much is tractor worth as is,paint faded and has dings,it has a rough 1400 hrs

/ 05 m5700 clutch problems #9  
how much is tractor worth as is,paint faded and has dings,it has a rough 1400 hrs

Honestly, and this is just from what I know and have seen firsthand, you couldn't give me a tractor that came from a chicken house operation. Not only are they run really hard by help, they are always beaten up for whatever reason. That 1400 hours on the tractor you describe would be the equivalent to about 2400 or more hours on another machine. I'd take a tractor that did commercial crop farming its whole life before I'd ever look at one that came from a chicken farm.

/ 05 m5700 clutch problems #10  
A nice shed-kept M5700HD with LA1002 loader, 1400 well-maintained hours, decent rubber & sheet metal might be in the high teens. But used hard, looking rough and needing $2k-$3k or more in repairs it can drop to low teens or less pretty fast. Pinpointing a price for a tractor that's beat is very tricky. You could buy it for $10k and be thinking it was a good deal - but you might not know for sure until after everything is fixed.